Oban Devotion Stiff 65gms Q4 Flex

stueyginger

Visit site
Looking for some advise
Currently using the above shaft and whilst it really suited me last season, I'm struggling a little now
Ball flight seems a bit high and spinny, but resorting to a 3wood is my only option just now
Can anyone reccommend and alternative shaft? Obviously with cost in mind!!
I'm thinking along the lines of an evenflow black 6.0 but 70g option, or same spec in evenflow blue
Any assistance would be great, just looking to try something else

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I assume you want low/low with your shaft?

I'd look at the Hzrdus Yellow, it's a spin killer, a couple of old school classics such as the Diamana Whiteboard (still use one in my fairway) or the Matrix Black Tie will lower spin and launch.

Tensei White, Fujikura Speeder 6.2 or 7.2 in TS model. Atmos Black, Oban Kiyoshi Black or an Aldila Rogue Silver 125 will all work.

Incidentally if you decide to punt the Oban Devotion I may be interested in it for a wee project!

?️?

stueyginger

Visit site
Thanks for your response!

I'm getting a wee loan of a shaft over the weekend from my club pro to try

So more than likely will be moving on the Oban shaft if it is of interest

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have you had someone have a look at your swing- little errors creep in and lovely stuff happens.
You might be getting a bit steeper than previously and no shaft will alter that.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
the ball flight being high and spinney will be 100% your swing and 0% the shaft. sounds like you might be getting steep on it