NW Links membership

• Thread starter Deleted member 3432
  • Start date

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
You do have the benefit of the gulf stream :ROFLMAO:

Remember going to Plockton a few years back and seeing the palm trees.....
i think they are some sort of Kiwi palm tree that can survive the harsh winters... no golf stream on the Moray Firth, though recently there are always people swimming in there, it was cold enough in summer, wouldn't fancy it this time of year:eek:

D

Deleted member 3432

i think they are some sort of Kiwi palm tree that can survive the harsh winters... no golf stream on the Moray Firth, though recently there are always people swimming in there, it was cold enough in summer, wouldn't fancy it this time of year:eek:

We were swimming in August at Smirisary Beach Glen Uig, surprisingly warm and very enjoyable.

Wouldn't try it at home, too cold :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 21258

Tee times are not too bad at Silloth if you are not fixated on playing at a certain time on a certain day, some days busier than others.

Membership numbers are fairly low as its not close to anywhere really and its on back roads for locals. Small local population meaning not many golfers...

Club is balancing member numbers with increasing visitor numbers in recent years, weekend is a great time to play as it is usually quieter on the non comp day at the weekend.

The only issue can be slow rounds, a 4 ball of visitors getting beaten up in the wind can slow things down when the heather is swallowing balls.

Great place to play and if you are having a bad day there is always the views across to Scotland or the fells to look at.

cheers, loved everything about it when we played there. Played it in strongish winds and not that warm iirc, but still loved it.

Thanks for information, food for thought. #mustnotmustnotmustnot

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
My cousin is a member at Carlisle GC, and he reckons Silloth is for posh golfers.:eek:

Can you have posh Northerners ? Asking for a friend.:whistle:

D

Deleted member 3432

My cousin is a member at Carlisle GC, and he reckons Silloth is for posh golfers.:eek:

Can you have posh Northerners ? Asking for a friend.:whistle:

All the 'posh' folks play at Carlisle....

Silloth members are all wukking class marras and a few yocal farmers.

No posh folks north of Windermere....:ROFLMAO: