NOW TV - opinions please

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
We are in a bit of a semi rural location, not too much choice and so have been on BT (broadband) forever. Family does not watch a massive amount of TV to be honest but we have tended to use the BT box to watch the odd film. Did have Sky Sports for a while through them pre BT Sport, and pre Sky moving golf away from SS1 & 2.

Anyway - hopefully moving soon to a small operation fibre optic broadband, so will be ditching BT. Wondering about NOW TV as an option. Noticed they are offering 5 day sports passes for £35 so that would be a bit of Ryder Cup and Masters sorted I guess.

Or what else should I look at? Thanks

G

guest100718

I had the now free trial over xmas and it was good, kids loved it., havnt used the box since though as I have access to a sky go logon. Other main streaming services are netflix and lovefilm, but the are others and there a lot of free stuff if you know where to look.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Recently I looked at several boxes and streamers, namely NowTV, AppleTV, Roku and Chromecast. NowTV was very attractive because the box is cheap and with the day passes. However, I went for the Roku USB streamer (~£50) as it has more apps choice: NetFlix, NowTV, YouTube, BBC News and other streaming apps in it. There's a lot more choice and really obscure apps you can view!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Got one for £25 a few weeks ago which includes Sky Movies for 3 months. We really like it, instant access to loads of films and stuff. We already have Virgin (not the full package) so we didn't exactly need it but for the money it's great. I've already carried out the Plex hack and added loads of film streaming channels for when the 3 months is up.
Alternatively those Android MX2 tv boxes look intriguing, may tinker with that if I can't get this damn HDMI-out port on my laptop to work :angry:

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Thanks for input - was food for thought.

Did go for a now box in the end to see how it did, and does what we were after. Have already purchased the one week sports pass for the Ryder Cup.

Having researched more since this OP, I noticed the Roku streamer had a drop in price so have bought one of them for upstairs. Not convinced it will offer much more in reality (as said lots of obscure stuff) but fancied the experiment/comparison.