Novel way of scoring a two.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Not in a usual par 3 effort.
Having started my round poorly double bogey, bogey, our 3rd hole par 4, 330 yds off the yellows.
http://www.bangorgolfclubni.co.uk/hole3.html (apologies on the crap webdesign, it needs updating urgently)
Hit my driver to the fringe on the edge of the bunker on the right of the green, pin ticked fairly tight into the bunker, whopped out the 60/04 wedge and played a nice flowing half shot. The ball rose like a fresh salmon and landed softly on its second bounce virtually stopped dead and on its dieing roll plopped into the hole, scored a birdie at our 16th but otherwise a crap round! hopefully there wasnt too many others today as the weather was poor.
Ive had 3 twos in the past onth or so and the returns so far were bad due to the sheer number of people scoring twos on the course par 3's.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's says on the website to "play a 3 wood or long iron". That's where you went wrong.....damn.....you could've made an honest bogey if you'd tried properly :)

Dave

PS, I enjoyed looking at the pictures of the holes....looks a good course. I particularly liked the maps and descriptions like (hole 4) 205 yds from "tallest tree in small clump" and 185 from "very tall thin tree". Are all Irish courses like this?.....most places I play, you see 205 from "Tree", yeh, like which one?? Not likely to get your distances wrong round here then!!!

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Haha Yea its usually a 4 iron to the "little hollow" then a wedge in, but for the winter tees (yellow on the overview) you just have to have a lash at the green, its not a hole to bogey though as its a high-ish stroke index so birdies are welcome, eagles...even better.