Not New, Not Shinnes

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wow! They look brilliant.

It’s a great refurb, they look as good but in a very different way.

I would recommend but I guess they are not to everyone’s taste, I am going to take time to get used to them for sure.

I went very understated, didn’t like the look of the very dark or very light grey, happy with the result. A part of me wanted something snazzy but in the end I toned down my original ideas and settled for just the small blue accent on the logo.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm not a fan of coloured irons but those look fab!

Neither am I but I didn’t like the look of matt in light grey and wanted the deep refurb that keeping the chrome look would sacrifice.

In the end it’s all a good compromise, you can’t have everything you want.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's been done very nicely indeed!

I wouldn't want that finish on a new set of irons, but as you say, for refurbing a tired set and making older clubs look like new, it's bang on.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is that a powder coating?

I must say they do like good...
How long they'll stay looking good is another matter...hopefully long enough.

It’s called “Cerakote ceramic”, I don’t except it to last ages, I don’t have any headcovers so it will scratch up within a few rounds.

In the end golf clubs are meant to be used and the main reason I sent them off was to freshen them up as I intend to play them for many years. I wasn’t going to be using them as a display piece.

If they still look “good” next summer I will be happy.

DannyOT

Assistant Pro
Visit site
*Just managed to find pricing for irons too - £20 per forged club isn't bad at all for a sateen finish. I think i'll treat myself before the courses re open*

Looks great... I'm tempted to do something similar with my Nike vr Pro combo irons as they are definitely showing their age but I have no intention of spending £700+ on a modern set.

What's the rough cost for a set of irons? I see it's £120 for 3 wedges... If its less than £250 I'd definitely do it, along with new grips.

Last edited: