Not feeling the love

big_russ

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm up for a laugh and joke at any time with any one and don't even mind if the joke is on me. I love sarcasm and i will use it give half the chance.
What i am trying to say is that so long as you can take it back there is no problem in handing it out. However! there is a level at which fun becomes abuse and crossing that line is a no go in my opinion. Verbal abuse and personal attacks should be seen as good enough reason for someone to be excluded from the forum.

I am not wanting to be everyones best mate and at the same time i don't want to be ignored by all if i make a comment that not everyone likes.
Whilst i am not a prolific poster but i do visit the forum daily and sometimes lol at some of the great posts.
Keep up the good banter lads (and lasses). :)

thomas1981

Club Champion
Visit site
Don't get to serious guys. Not been on the forum long but really enjoyed so far and got some great advice.

I've noticed most of the 'aggressive' threads and comments all start by spammers selling some rubbish. Lets not these cretins ruin a great forum.

Although personally i like to read the abuse they get. :D

OldWindy

Q-School Graduate
www.fronhaul-aberdovey.co.uk
Good point made; I've skipped a week or so on here to let topics expire/renew as I thought it to be all a bit tiresome.

I don't like to think of myself in any way troublesome but I there are times I don't suffer fools and can be quite pragmatic about things which in turn can lead to ungenerous posts. Apologies to anyone who might have received this.

As an aside, if it wasn't for his distinctive style of prose I could have sworn Benny had been reincarnated...! :)

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
ahhh, now you've done it. named the unnameable.

to banish him you'll have to dance counter-clockwise round the 18th while reciting the rules on lateral hazards.

flandango

Head Pro
Visit site
With no two people the same quarrals will always occure.

Sarcasim gets taken the wrong way, words can be mis interprited.

I sometimes use the odd blue word when writing but thats who I am, if / when I meet any of you guy / gals you would understand my posts a little better, how I write is how I speak....I cannot determine how it is taken.

I don't swear in front of women or use swearing in any dorogotory??? manner, and I don't use the really bad one.....you know the one I mean!

Anyway bad language is funny you ole bas##rds!!!

Peace.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
.... how I write is how I speak....I cannot determine how it is taken.

This is one of the best explanations I have heard on here. I am sure the guys I have met up with from the forum get a better idea of my sense of humour and we all agreed at the March day out that once you meet someone and get to know the person it is very difficult to take anything out of context or take the huff with comments they make.

So the only way to avoid standing on people toes is to all meet up and get blootered :D :D :D :D

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Maybe I'm an emotional Neanderthal.....I haven't really picked up on anything untoward. Seems like business as usual for the most part.
Oddly, for someone who's posted quite a bit and tends to put things in black and white (sorry, it's the coach/teacher in me) I haven't been on the end of any digs or flippant unintentional "snapping"...you know the kind of thing, it's exactly as Madandra quotes above, said (typed)in good faith but leading to flaming etc.
I'm enjoying the banter and threads as ever....let's hope that things stay on good form.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am someone who has been named and had direct negative/critical and at one point abusive language used against me. I am a reactionary to that sort of thing when unjust or offensive, but as for general comment, all I do is make a valid point on the subject matter or topic and offer tips or advice for anyone to take or leave. I have noticed some reactions from posters who clearly dont read carefully or mistake a comment made on the third page relating to topic but following someone elses remarks which relate to other matters generated within the reems of posts.

Its unfortunate and spoils a potentially good post.I think the vast majority of posters on here are fine people with their own minds, and one or two simply go OTT unjustly now and then. All in all I think its a great site, but I dont want to hug anyone just yet.