North Berwick

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for those, brought back some memories. Is the Pro shop roof still out of bounds? And is there still the sign by the clubhouse about visitors being members for the day? Every word of that applied to my visit & it should be compulsory at any club that takes money off of visitors.

Not sure about the pro shop roof but i would imagine so :). Yes there is still a sign about the visitors and members thing. The guy who met us on arrival Malcolm told us the same and was very welcoming as was the starter. They made us feel right at home from the start. The starter had a name badge with Malcolm on too funnily enough. Maybe guys called Malcolm are just very friendly? :)

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Some great pics there, Scott. Never played the West Links, so must get down there and have a go!

Well worth it Del. Every hole seemed to have something interesting going on and very pleasing on the eye. Its a lot more wide open than Muirfield but the greens wer just as tough.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Looks great, what did/does it cost?

If there's a few courses like that within the area then a little 2/3 day trip could be in order?

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looks great, what did/does it cost?

If there's a few courses like that within the area then a little 2/3 day trip could be in order?

I think it was 65 notes. Theres so many decent looking courses there that you could easily enjoy a good few days there. There cant be many places better than it for a golf break imo.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
It is the west course and my laptop died last night while i was trying to upload the right photos! Will be sticking them up tonight though :rofl:

That will teach me for leaving photos on the same memory card for ages! :eek:

I will tell anybody now who didnt already know that the 16th at North Berwick needs digging up or finishing off, one of the two!

Fabulous hole made all the better for being 1 under after several rounds there, something that can't be said for one of the other lovely quirky holes (13)!

Speaking of one of the two - which part was the pin on?

North Berwick greens are often the best in WestLothian at this time of year - and get better through the season!

T

thecraw

Its just crazy up there. Its like the Amsterdam red light district but instead of ladies of the night lined up its golf course after golf course and all really good looking ones :).

Its somewhere i deffo want to go back to for a few days and play some more up there. It would be a great place for a group golf trip :thup:

And just wait till you venture through to some proper links in Ayrshire.

DCB

Visit site
Whilst North Berwick is a superb course, it's another one that has seen the greenfee creep up considerably over the past years. There will still be lots of visitor traffic, it's almost guaranteed income. Not that long ago I can remember discussing whether a trip to North Berwick was worth £50 never mind £90 this season for a round.

Gullane has done the same, over the past ten years their visitor rates have shot up considerably. We used to go to Gullane on an outing and play No2 & No3, price has jumped up every year to the point where we look at other options rather than just automatically go back to Gullane.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
if we sorted something via the forum I'd be all over it :thup:

Its something im up for doing as well. I will look into whats available and send some emails out to see what we can get. Im sure we could get a group of us going from down here plus a few from north of the border may be up for it too.

Fabulous hole made all the better for being 1 under after several rounds there, something that can't be said for one of the other lovely quirky holes (13)!

Speaking of one of the two - which part was the pin on?

North Berwick greens are often the best in WestLothian at this time of year - and get better through the season!

The greens were very good and taught me many lessons i wont forget in a hurry! The pin was on the front section although it didnt really matter by the time i got the bleeding ball on it!

And just wait till you venture through to some proper links in Ayrshire.

Thats another area ive looked at but never been. Ive always fancied Turnberry and people have told me that theres plenty more to go up there for than just Turnberry.

Whilst North Berwick is a superb course, it's another one that has seen the greenfee creep up considerably over the past years. There will still be lots of visitor traffic, it's almost guaranteed income. Not that long ago I can remember discussing whether a trip to North Berwick was worth £50 never mind £90 this season for a round.

Gullane has done the same, over the past ten years their visitor rates have shot up considerably. We used to go to Gullane on an outing and play No2 & No3, price has jumped up every year to the point where we look at other options rather than just automatically go back to Gullane.

I thought the £65 we paid was reasonable but any more and its getting a bit over the top i would say. You lot are spoilt with some of the prices you lot get your golf for up there so you might think slightly different :)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Its something im up for doing as well. I will look into whats available and send some emails out to see what we can get. Im sure we could get a group of us going from down here plus a few from north of the border may be up for it too.

I'd be in for playing up there, I can fly from Birmingham into Edinburgh for less than £45 each way and in only 75 minutes :thup:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
It most certainly is Hobbit.
Few of my buddies go to Spain/Portugal each year.
Can't get them to go to Scotland.
They really don't know what they're missing.
Forget the weather, the golf is in a different league. (IMHO)

You at Penwortham Greg?