Non-Qualifier?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Word from Fragger indicates that they have put this through as a qualifier - more on this later

Well, it has been put through as a qualifier with CSS going from 69 to 70..

There wasn't anyone in authority at the club when I got there so I'm going to have to try and sort it on Monday....

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We started to have a few qualifiers this winter for the first time, but at one stage it was hard to differentiate between fairway and first cut so had placing "through the green".

Because of that, we were told they couldn't be qualifiers.

Imurg

Visit site
Played today, Chris, and I can't really see why the Rule is still in place - it's very playable.
A bit soggy in places after the last 2 days of rain but no need for pick'n'place even opn the fairways..

The rule is on the board by the front door - if it's still in force you should tell them it can't be a qualifier.

Jevo

Visit site
You are right. Preferred Lies are not permitted on the 1st cut.

CONGU Clause 15.3
It is emphasised that preferred lies must apply only when a Local Rule has been made and published
in accordance with Appendix ,Part B, 4c of the Rules of Golf as follows:
“A ball lying on a closely mown area through the green may be lifted without penalty and cleaned.
Before lifting the ball,the player must mark its position. Having lifted the ball, he must place it on
a spot within 6 inches [50mm] of and not nearer the hole than where it originally lay, that is not
in a hazard and not on a putting green.

When is 6 inches not 6 inches? When its 50mm...
someone has got their conversion wrong here...

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
When is 6 inches not 6 inches? When its 50mm...
someone has got their conversion wrong here...

more a case of the copy/paste function dropping the odd digit from time to time (for reasons I can never understand) - in this case obviously the '1'

Imurg

Visit site
Well, the Comp was eventually declared NQ when I showed them the relevent bits from he CONGU site, as was the weekend Medal as well as they too played under the same P&P rules

However, I'm probably not the Best Mate of one G, Maton....
PLaying off a handicap of 0.9 he shot a gross 64 (-6) and didn't get a cut from it.......

Boy, I bet he was pleased when he found out!

Last edited:

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well, the Comp was eventually declared NQ when I showed them the relevent bits from he CONGU site.

However, I'm probably not the Best Mate of one G, Maton....
PLaying off a handicap of 0.9 he shot a gross 64 (-6) and didn't get a cut from it.......

Boy, I bet he was pleased when he found out!

no doubt the committee will take responsibility this time, and ensure it doesn't happen again for next time....:)