Non branded leather golf gloves

Waitforme

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I got a pack of 3 Cabretta leather gloves from eBay. I’ve no complaints with them, easily as comfortable and durable as the Mizuno or Wilson ones I used to use. Think it was £9 delivered for the 3 of them.
Give them a go, I think they are fine.

I just received my 3 SG gloves from EBay , ordered on Monday I think , 8 quid , how on earth can someone be making a profit from that , they look and feel as good as any others I’ve been using of late ?

Attachments

• D69E016D-E849-4AFD-8700-31B7A0974D4F.jpeg
    D69E016D-E849-4AFD-8700-31B7A0974D4F.jpeg
    164 KB · Views: 36

TazDaz

Visit site
Tried cheaper gloves but I was wearing them out too quick, but saying this I wear through most brands fairly quickly.

I went to Hirzl gloves a few years back. Kangaroo leather palm, seem to last ages, and grip really well in the wet.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Tried cheaper gloves but I was wearing them out too quick, but saying this I wear through most brands fairly quickly.

I went to Hirzl gloves a few years back. Kangaroo leather palm, seem to last ages, and grip really well in the wet.
Suggest if you are wearing out gloves overly quickly, there may be an issue with your grip. What part of the glove are you wearing

TazDaz

Visit site
Suggest if you are wearing out gloves overly quickly, there may be an issue with your grip. What part of the glove are you wearing

Issues with my grip guaranteed.

The thumbs always twist on me, but it was more my overly sweaty hands from playing speed golf after work that would make any brand cabretta leather glove lose it's grip. Almost like a sheen develops. Tried various washing techniques but they wouldn't recover. The hirzl ones take a lot longer to 'sheen' for me. Kangaroo leather is a bit thicker though.

Springveldt

Visit site
I just received my 3 SG gloves from EBay , ordered on Monday I think , 8 quid , how on earth can someone be making a profit from that , they look and feel as good as any others I’ve been using of late ?
I've no issue with them and will continue using them.

If someone is making a profit at that price, what does it say about the branded golves?

Diamond

Visit site
I have many a time over the years.

Best ones normally say Pittards Leather but I am bit biased as they are a Yeovil company.

Some of the ones I have have been have been pretty awful, the leather has been far too thick as a golf glove.
I find these from 'guess who' quite good (Cabretta Leather)

View attachment 30957
but have now made the switch to these synthetic gloves all year round (note the dimpling on fingers and palms) they never slip in all weathers. (ebay)

View attachment 30959View attachment 30962

When it is wet I find it is my non glove hand that tends to slip off the shaft.

Diamond

Visit site
My mate has started using the Kirkland ones. 3 for 15 and feel like the Titleist players and G4 gloves that I use.

Sort of tempted by them myself now

I saw these yesterday in Costco Haydock. I think I paid about £10 for my black foot joy glove but I was given a white under armour Glove off a friend as well. I prefer to footjoy glove and wondered if the Kirkland are similar to them.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sg gloves are rubbish.
Get the ones with AKA on them. Two rounds in a pair this week not a mark on them. Just ordered another 6 pairs.

Springveldt

Visit site
Sg gloves are rubbish.
Get the ones with AKA on them. Two rounds in a pair this week not a mark on them. Just ordered another 6 pairs.
Not sure what you don’t like about them but they are brilliant value for money for me. Got no complaints about them at all.

FourPutt

Head Pro
Visit site
I normally buy mine from the pro shop, though I'm tempted to try the vice ones

I tried them recently. They’re very comfortable and well fitting. I really like them, but they’re thin. I like that, but they last less time than the other more well known brands I usually use. I will probably buy some more when I next order some balls. Might try the Duro ones too - I often use a cheaper synthetic glove at the range or when it‘s slightly damp.