Non branded leather golf gloves

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I did a few weeks ago. They cost very little each pair but are comfortable and half a dozen gloves last longer than a single (say) Footjoy glove for me, and are cheaper

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've bought the Costco ones. First one tore after 2 rounds, the second one has lasted longer. The jury is still out.

Shame they've replaced the Callaway ones as they were real quality for about the same price

Springveldt

Visit site
I got a pack of 3 Cabretta leather gloves from eBay. I’ve no complaints with them, easily as comfortable and durable as the Mizuno or Wilson ones I used to use. Think it was £9 delivered for the 3 of them.
Give them a go, I think they are fine.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I got a pack of 3 Cabretta leather gloves from eBay. I’ve no complaints with them, easily as comfortable and durable as the Mizuno or Wilson ones I used to use. Think it was £9 delivered for the 3 of them.
Give them a go, I think they are fine.
Which one's ?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
My mate has started using the Kirkland ones. 3 for 15 and feel like the Titleist players and G4 gloves that I use.

Sort of tempted by them myself now

I tried them when Costco replaced the Callaway gloves with their own. Found the fit to be poor. Tried the same size I used in Callaway and Titleist, but they were quite baggy. Whilst I can’t get them at the old Costco price, went back to the Callaway Dawn Parol glove, still very good quality for very good for the price.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I tried them when Costco replaced the Callaway gloves with their own. Found the fit to be poor. Tried the same size I used in Callaway and Titleist, but they were quite baggy. Whilst I can’t get them at the old Costco price, went back to the Callaway Dawn Parol glove, still very good quality for very good for the price.
That's what I use now, and is the best fit (for me) and longest lasting glove make/brand I have used. They can be had for good multi-buy prices every now and then:)

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
I am using the JLGolf brand ones at the moment, not as good as the Srixon Cabretta I used previously but the the price of those shot up. The JL ones last longer and are not as comfortable and they size a little on the small size.

I have had a couple of pairs of the Srixons off EBay that have not lasted very long, my first thoughts were they were fake But not sure.

i think at the end of the day, you get what you pay for.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I am using the JLGolf brand ones at the moment, not as good as the Srixon Cabretta I used previously but the the price of those shot up. The JL ones last longer and are not as comfortable and they size a little on the small size.

I have had a couple of pairs of the Srixons off EBay that have not lasted very long, my first thoughts were they were fake But not sure.

i think at the end of the day, you get what you pay for.
I'm a fan of these - as great VFM! I agree about the sizing being a touch smaller than 'normal' (especially the Cabrera ones) though. They also don't have as much (wasted) length, but that makes sense to me - they work fine and last well, so I'm happy to recommend them.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have many a time over the years.

Best ones normally say Pittards Leather but I am bit biased as they are a Yeovil company.

Some of the ones I have have been have been pretty awful, the leather has been far too thick as a golf glove.
I find these from 'guess who' quite good (Cabretta Leather)

DSCN3585.JPG
but have now made the switch to these synthetic gloves all year round (note the dimpling on fingers and palms) they never slip in all weathers. (ebay)

DSCN3586.JPGDSCN3588.JPG

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ordered a JL from the bay,2.99 Inc posted.
Wonder if it's excess John Letter stuff ex Direct Golf ?
They were decent gloves.