Noisy airships

oleinone

Visit site
Used to play at a course that had a freefall parachute club as a near neighbour. The excruciating buzz of the plane as it flogged for altitude used to drive me up the wall.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Can't say i ever noticed them until I read this thread - thanks for that folks :confused:
I noticed it from the beginning and it was getting right up my nose. I thought of turning the sound down but i was flicking between the NFL and golf and constantly unmuting would have been more annoying than the drone of the plane, but only just.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Used to play at a course that had a freefall parachute club as a near neighbour. The excruciating buzz of the plane as it flogged for altitude used to drive me up the wall.
My old club (Haste Hill) has some sort of firing range just the other side of the fence from the 11th tee. Expert timing required to ensure you don't have gunfire going off on your backswing.

D

Deleted member 1147

My old club (Haste Hill) has some sort of firing range just the other side of the fence from the 11th tee. Expert timing required to ensure you don't have gunfire going off on your backswing.
Tidworth Garrison Golf Club is right next to Salisbury Plain, so you have tanks and all sorts going off right next to the golf course - it's great

sunshine

Visit site

Try playing at Wyke Green - it's under the Heathrow flight path. Look up at any time and you will see the line of 7 or 8 aircraft descending from the east.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Don't go and play Moray, RAF jets buzzing you all day and when they land they rev the bloody thing on the runway, now they are noisy

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Pine Ridge is across the road from a significant army area. Joined up once with some guys who had just returned from Afghanistan and were picking the hardware being used!

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A couple of holes at Llanwern in Wales are next to a busy railway line. A train seemed to go past every five minutes. So close you could almost see what flavour crisps the driver was eating.