No Laying Up - Tourist Sauce

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The 12th is a fun hole, especially as you have seen it from the 10th & 11th, so know what is coming up. Think we choose to hit from the green tees on that hole, so about 420yards?, 15-20 yards shorter than whites and wind was more off the right but tbh it was fairly still(10-15mph?). Son didn't hit a good drive down the left and was driver/3 wood to green, not the kind of club/or side to approach from, you want to hit to that green but he pulled it off:D, I hit a great drive then an 8 iron to the right of the green(With the ball above my feet and not wanting to go left, wasn't a good combination and didn't fancy the walk of shame down the side of the dune that the green was on :eek:) .

But sounds like you had a windy day into ?, so would be a right beast of a hole!

EDIT But what a great course, my favourite links course, had everything, welcome, views, course, fun, challenging, do/die holes & playable etc.

Yes we were off the whites and I think it wasnt my best drive, as was on the right and on a little hillock, so had about 220 plus in, and as you know it's all carry (the approach). A great risk/reward hole. Definitely a hole that you could play a "nearest in 2" on, although probably then takes 60% of the field out of play. Brilliant getting on/parallel in two. (y)

The par 3 afterwards is one were you need to get your distances right also, as that's some steep hill you'll be playing from if short.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Catching up with the Ireland ones again, some great footage and fun had by all. Adare Manor didn't grab me at all, think I just hate that style of course, not saying I wouldn't play it. British Isles for me is about links golf.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Catching up with the Ireland ones again, some great footage and fun had by all. Adare Manor didn't grab me at all, think I just hate that style of course, not saying I wouldn't play it. British Isles for me is about links golf.
We’ve got to stop agreeing on things.

Lahinch looks so much more appealing.

I think it’s only a matter of time before they do a Surrey Tourist sauce to be honest

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We’ve got to stop agreeing on things.

Lahinch looks so much more appealing.

I think it’s only a matter of time before they do a Surrey Tourist sauce to be honest
Soly did a podcast about heathland golf, and courses he played in England. It’ll definitely happen. Potentially a links England too. Probably north-west

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Soly did a podcast about heathland golf, and courses he played in England. It’ll definitely happen. Potentially a links England too. Probably north-west
Yeah I’ve chatted to him on twitter recently about Burnham as it’s on their radar

Nidge

Visit site
Best in the UK for me including Royal County down, although havent played Muirfield yet.

Front 9 are good clifftop style links holes, back 9 is in a dune scape. There are 2 river inlets on each side and the sea on the other and surrounding hills and mountains. Some brilliantly crafted holes and also a little castellated tower.

Best in the UK? It's in Ireland, mate.