No Laying Up - Tourist Sauce

D

Deleted member 25172

I watched the first 15 minutes or so. Its probably me but I don't really see what the point is of this being made available to the public?

It seems to be a bit of a video diary of 'me & my mates on golfing hols'
No problem with it, prob a good idea. But like most holiday vids/pics its probably best viewed by their friends and family. What makes them think the rest of the world are interested... and if the intended audience is supposed to be the golfing world then the diary style content doesn't really work very well. Just like the quintessential inane twitter/instagram/facebook comments... they're literally telling you what they had for breakfast!

33k subscribers tells me that some are interested and do enjoy it.

Doesn't work very well for you, works well for me.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
33k subscribers tells me that some are interested and do enjoy it.

Doesn't work very well for you, works well for me.

Totally get it will have an appeal somewhere, just adding my thoughts on the type of content
(although to be fair 300k watched a vid of a bloke hitting a wedge with a strip of sandpaper glued to the face. so numbers aren't really a guide)

D

Deleted member 25172

Totally get it will have an appeal somewhere, just adding my thoughts on the type of content
(although to be fair 300k watched a vid of a bloke hitting a wedge with a strip of sandpaper glued to the face. so numbers aren't really a guide)

They totally are a guide I’d argue, but let’s not create a black sock-thread type thing here!
I believe the conclusion is that what some people find enjoyable, others do not! :)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I certainly enjoy them, I think they're a bit different and I really like Tom Coyne. Like is writing and having met him I think he's an absolute gentleman with great knowledge.

Very humble.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tourist Sauce is a great series.
The Scotland ones were great as they gave an idea as not just the golf, but the history and the area looks are great.
They’ve openly said Doonbeg wasn’t a great course, and forgettable...but the stories of locals are where it’s at.
Strapped is a different ballgame altogether. All about chasing the mega bonus!

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Tourist Sauce is a great series.
The Scotland ones were great as they gave an idea as not just the golf, but the history and the area looks are great.
They’ve openly said Doonbeg wasn’t a great course, and forgettable...but the stories of locals are where it’s at.
Strapped is a different ballgame altogether. All about chasing the mega bonus!

The Reno first episode man an amazing end shot

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Strapped is the best series on Youtube. So good. Although I absolutely love Wild World of Golf. They're long videos, but so damn good, the one with Julian Suri as on-course commentator was hilarious.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I watched the first 15 minutes or so. Its probably me but I don't really see what the point is of this being made available to the public?

It seems to be a bit of a video diary of 'me & my mates on golfing hols'
No problem with it, prob a good idea. But like most holiday vids/pics its probably best viewed by their friends and family. What makes them think the rest of the world are interested... and if the intended audience is supposed to be the golfing world then the diary style content doesn't really work very well. Just like the quintessential inane twitter/instagram/facebook comments... they're literally telling you what they had for breakfast!

Horses for courses. Like everything else, some like it, some don’t like it.

Personally I think YouTube is great for that very reason; the range of different types of content out there has grown exponentially. Of course not everyone will like everything , but that’s life.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Whats strapped??

It's a series that the NLU boys do, Neil and Big Randy for on a trip with just $500 and play 3 rounds of golf and everything else included in that budget. One round if the money round that can win money by achieving a certain number of points.

I really like the content that NLU do, it's fresh something different than what other you tubers are doing. I can see why people wouldn't like it as it does seem a bit in jokey, but once you've listened/watched their content enough you get it. Tourist suace has been the best set of stuff they have done so far, Aus and Scotland being my favourites.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's a series that the NLU boys do, Neil and Big Randy for on a trip with just $500 and play 3 rounds of golf and everything else included in that budget. One round if the money round that can win money by achieving a certain number of points.

I really like the content that NLU do, it's fresh something different than what other you tubers are doing. I can see why people wouldn't like it as it does seem a bit in jokey, but once you've listened/watched their content enough you get it. Tourist suace has been the best set of stuff they have done so far, Aus and Scotland being my favourites.

They also only get 3 balls each, they can find more but to use them they have to be Callaways, otherwise they have to buy more and it comes out of the budget. Bloody love the Strapped boys.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5vefWGHKLbNNXOaMYYERsSLulrhN6yGn

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Makes you wonder how they make a living when you think of the staff they have on board. 33k subs on YouTube is miles below average

I know they’ve a decent tie up with callaway but...

Best of luck to them, what a job eh!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
They have few other sponsors too. I am guessing their podcast subscribers out number the you tube ones.

Callaway also sponsor Fairway rollin, which is a somewhat eccentric US podcast.

I am guessing they see something in this for the future, and have invested quite heavilly. When you look at the costs of main stream advertising, telly, and press, this is probably quite cheap in relation, and directly targets consumers who are keen golfers.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Pod is their main money maker. Imagine the Callaway deal is pretty lucrative, they have the NLU shop which will be making them some decent money + then they've worked with companies like BMW, the LPGA and they've just started promoting a CBD company. The Youtube channel is a growing accompaniment to the Podcast, and allows them to get the most out of DJ Pie, who used to make content for the PGA Tour at Skratch. Before DJ joined the team full-time the Youtube channel was barely used.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I think the you tube stuff stands beside the pod casts fairly well. I don't think they are really meant to be seperate. By which I mean if you know the characters from being a pod cast subscriber, you get to know how they will react, what the 'in' stuff is, and you appreciate the videos more.
I think just watching strapped, with no prior conception of Neil and Randy wouldn't really work. It is editted differently to the Tourist sauce vids too, to give it a different feel.
The WWofG stuff, agsin you really need to know the characters, and even then, I am not convinced. It seems a bit forced. Trying to explain wolf hammer for instance would take a lot more than one vid.