No idea of the accuracy

Mandofred

Visit site
I only had the copy from our golf facebook page......I'd never heard of Golfboo (doesn't sound like a high class site).....but these lists are always iffy at the best. Most people here in the Harrogate area consider Pannal to be the best course in the immediate area....not counting Otley, Ilkley and the Leeds area courses which I think are all out of N Yorkshire.

Mandofred

Visit site

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Yep, seen that somewhere in the past.....only some in N Yorkshire. And...you will get a lot of people I know arguing about some of these.....especially Harrogate being up there. All these lists seem semi-subjective at the best.
And the funniest thing is the people losing their minds because Course A is above Course B and Course C, which isn't even on the list should be at #3..
Quality entertainment every time GM comes out with a top 100 list

NearHull

Visit site
Thanks for the link. I do agree that the top 10 are a good reflection of the better Yorkshire courses ( I haven’t played a couple of them but they are spoken of quite highly). But big surprise to see Oakdale so far down the list, even below my own course.

Mandofred

Visit site
A few times years ago a couple friends and I went to Florida at Christmas time. Seems there are places there that if you join a club, you are also able to play several others courses that are part of the same "ownership". This always seemed like a great idea. If I lived within 10 miles of all these make believe golf courses and could pay a little more to be a member at all.....perfect.
1. I currently play on a fairly open course at Knaresborough.....I like it. Pretty long for me these days since there are a number of holes I need a roll to get on in regulation (ain't happening in Winter). Rolling/hilly, but not much danger like water, tons of sand etc. If I could make a change to the course, I'd want the greens to have more movement on them.
2. Links course. Requires a different shot skill set. Nuff said......
3. Tight course....tree lined (or heather etc...something irritating) and must hit accurate shots to stay out of trouble, or out of water/hazards.
4. Shortish course. Just a different way of playing.... Keep your tee shots safe and in the correct location and then a shortish shot to the green.

Each of these types of course has +/- for them and of course you could add courses with different styles on top of this. I'm not sure how the lists of courses get made, but like people doing movie reviews.....I'm sure that the ones that you prefer get a higher mark. A lot of the people I play with would not want to play on a tight and dangerous course...they would be in trouble all of the time...and they wouldn't be having fun...but I would. Some people stress the importance of clubhouse facilities etc as a requirement.....I don't. The only thing I think most on this site would agree with....I sure wish all the golf courses were built with a better ability to deal with wet weather. But £££££££££