No Greens Books At Agusta

Mandofred

Visit site
It's policy there. You won't be able to tell. There is a YouTube with Jon Rahm interview (
) which I found interesting. Nice guy. Married a javelin thrower....kudo's from me. Rahm does NOT like green books.

oxymoron

Club Champion
Visit site
Watching Dustin Johnson last night he seemed painfully slow so lets see how this pans out over the full weekend.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I do think that green reading books should be banned generally, because reading the green should be a skill for the golfer, it's part of putting. We have to do it. I don't see why they get that help when they're meant to be the best. They should have to look at the green they're on and actually read it.

I don't think it will affect pace of play though, if they're not looking at a green book for 5 minutes it'll just take them 5 minutes longer to actually read the green, so no difference.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watching Dustin Johnson last night he seemed painfully slow so lets see how this pans out over the full weekend.
I started to notice him last season, he is painfully slow on a green. For some reason golfers get away with being glacial on the green more than elsewhere. I appreciate it takes a bit longer but not that much longer. For Johnson. he walks all round the hole, from distance, his caddy checks the line, they talk, Johnson checks the line etc etc. Put them on a clock.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
All the commentators who are mostly ex players thought green reading books should be banned and I agree I would go farther and only allow caddies to tend flags on the green.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'll take it a step further, they should ban caddies from going on the greens apart for carrying out flag duties. It should be the players alone who decide how a putt breaks etc.

Great idea and Dustin Johnson wouldn’t be in the top 100 by Christmas ?

He hasn’t a clue what he is doing at the best of times but if AJ doesn’t tell him the line he is as likely to putt it off the reservation

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What amazes me about DJ is he really is very slow on the greens.
But while the commentary tells us he’s slow the TV network persist in showing all his workings on the green.
There’s plenty of other golf to show so just show his putt later without all the walking around .