No golf until March maybe ?

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Earliest date for schools to re-open is 8th March, which will be reviewed at the next review in mid/late February. At that point, depending on the current figures, the plan to exit lockdown will also be outlined but sounds like the earliest date any restrictions will start to be lifted is 8th March.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
In Scotland we're allowed to play golf but our course has been closed due to the weather. It seems to snow on Thursday/Friday and so the course gets closed.
I am missing it. I play in all weathers and can't wait to get out again.

I haven't played since Xmas Eve and it was frozen solid and on temp greens that day so basically just a walk and some practice shots.

I always play right thru the winter but tbh, in no rush to get back. Don't see me playing at all before March even if it finally stops snowing and/or being -4 overnight every Friday night.

D

Deleted member 1147

Weather’s been awful, green staff are doing loads of work etc
So I’m not particularly bothered about not playing at the moment.

Reactions: MDG

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I know they say schools need to go back first, but that's also around time for schools to prepare and spread.

I could potentially see them relax the time outdoors on the mid-feb review given we know it's low transmission. Could see that as a very gradual way to release lockdown and good keep people being sensible if it's mild at the end of Feb rather than breaking to meet indoors.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As others have said it’s saving the course. But I am also of the opinion we have to get rid of this thing, so quarantining people coming in irrespective of where or who they are needs to be done. No point all of us going without whilst some people think they are too special and keep the virus going. As we could miss a whole season.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
The weather here has been awful. Even though we can play, the course has been closed due to snow and ice since mid December. What's even worse, I bought a new fairway mat just before Christmas and haven't been able to use it. Waste of £5 if you ask me!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
To be fair I’m not missing mud pit golf and to be normality long term is better than a hack, if it stayed closed until April but our economy started to see a bit of stability and our treasury debt stopped growing I’d be chuffed!

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not missing it one bit either. The weather is dire and we have had snow cover, several deluges and more of the same on the way. Playing two balls was no fun whatsoever and the scrapping to get a tee time another hassle.

As @drive4show says above, hopefully in Spring when the ground conditions are improving and we're not splashing our way through a chewed-up quagmire will be time enough.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Glad you guys are all happy! I'm still gutted that I paid a new membership at Christmas I've not been able to use, and going stir crazy twiddling my thumbs at home every weekend. Still, if it's March that's not the worst outcome, so fingers crossed on that I suppose. February is a short month after all. ??

Golfnut1957

Visit site
It's lashing down here, there are puddles everywhere. I walked the dog last night over the field and hit a couple of balls, nice shots but the balls just plugged so deep that it was difficult to find them.
Despite all that if they opened the course right now I'd be there in half an hour, good to go, and I wouldn't be alone.
I'm missing golf.