No comments needed!!!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have a 54 handicapper at one of my clubs, don't think he has every scored over 20 stableford points, we sometimes have a draw for partners and you can see people cringe when they get drawn to play with him.

One time I played with him he had 17 points and in that he had a 5 pointer, a par on a par 3, a nice enough chap in his 80's but it is time he took up bowls, as he will never improve and he drags down the people he plays with unfortunately.
Yes sometimes people don’t think about the effect they have on others.

It’s great he’s playing in his eighties.
But comp golf should not be on his radar.

Swango1980

Visit site
It amazes me how some people think they can just step on a course and play.

Seven hours ?
I don’t think I could do that !
We had to let a heck of a lot of groups through.

On the 3rd hole, one duffed it 20 yards down the middle (one of his best), the other sliced it over big trees. So, I went to help him look for it, which we found in the open. Went back to the first guy, to see how he was getting on. Then, after a bit of time, I realised the guy who sliced it still hadn't reappeared after finding his ball quite some time before. So I went back to the other side of the trees to see if he'd lost it again. He hadn't. Instead, I found him smoking a pipe, and he hadn't even played his shot yet.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We had to let a heck of a lot of groups through.

On the 3rd hole, one duffed it 20 yards down the middle (one of his best), the other sliced it over big trees. So, I went to help him look for it, which we found in the open. Went back to the first guy, to see how he was getting on. Then, after a bit of time, I realised the guy who sliced it still hadn't reappeared after finding his ball quite some time before. So I went back to the other side of the trees to see if he'd lost it again. He hadn't. Instead, I found him smoking a pipe, and he hadn't even played his shot yet.
If my job depended on keeping them happy so be it.
If not think I would be off.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
We have a 54 handicapper at one of my clubs, don't think he has every scored over 20 stableford points, we sometimes have a draw for partners and you can see people cringe when they get drawn to play with him.

One time I played with him he had 17 points and in that he had a 5 pointer, a par on a par 3, a nice enough chap in his 80's but it is time he took up bowls, as he will never improve and he drags down the people he plays with unfortunately.
I lol'd at this bit! So for 17 holes on a 54 handicap, he scored 12 points!!!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
He would of gone home buzzing someone actually stuck around for 6.5 hrs.

A classic case of lessons required