Nike Sumo Irons part 2

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Right lads, i know some people said stay away from Nike and to try other brands, which I have just done but......

My God the Nikes were gorgeous, everything i expected them to be and more.

Whilst the mizunos, pings and wilsons that i tried out added distance to my game the Nikes added both distance and 100% improved accuracy. They also just felt much nicer in the hand, like the weight of the club was taylor made for me.

Whilst some people may say Its a mental thing as to why I feel the Nikes are better (which i agree with to some extent) I'm sure i'll lose a a good few shots off my round with these clubs in the bag.

I've not made the purchase yet so there's still time for a change of heart but I'm pretty positive i'll be the proud owner of Nike Sumo irons by 11am saturday. :)

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I played a round with a fella who had slingshot clubs not so long ago, he struck the ball lovely and the flight path of the ball was magical.

I had a feel of them but they just didnt do it for me as the sumo's do.... each to there own though.

I'll be testing a few more irons before i take the plunge on saturday, its such a big purchase I really dont want to rush into it.......... One things for sure though, i'll be playing atleast 2 rounds of golf this weekend if I do buy them.

Liam_Austin

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sorry for not replying to the last post but I completely forgot.

I have the Nike Sumo2 Irons, I'm testing them for Golf Monthly. I to had the same result as you.

I'll Pm you my review. For everyone else you'll have to wait :)

Liam

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Cheers Liam, i'd be gratefull if i could see the review. They are a great club.

Just took a peak at your golf club, jesus christ that first hole is scary.....

Liam_Austin

Assistant Pro
Visit site
haha... it really is a make or break hole, with a graveyard on the right and all.

From the white tee's ( back tee's ) its perfectly possible to hit the clubhouse also :)

Liam
Btw .. just sent the review over to you.

T

thecraw

If they feel right for you then thats more than half the battle.

I have a sasquatch 4 wood and just bought a 7 wood from the states. Nike are very good in my opinion.

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
If they feel right for you then thats more than half the battle.

seconded. It's a lot of £ and you're right to go about it cautiously. If this helps, when I was looking for a new set a while back the Nike's came out top in one of Which? magazines reviews. Not your usual source of golfing info. but they are nothing if not impartial.

Just for the hell of it, go back to where your buying them and get another premium set out and try them back to back. If the Nike's feel right then you're laughing.

When I went through this I desperately wanted the TM's to work for me but the Pings just felt so right.

Not wishing to kick this one off again but FWIW I would DEFFO get 'em fitted properly. If the guy looks bored or tries to steer you then go somewhere else. All else fails then buy them stock and spend a bit of time seeking out an independant fitter with no angle to force apart from their track record. Be a shame to get a nice shiny set of clubs and not go the whole hog.

I bet that money is burning a hole in your pocket eh? ;)

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You're right, the money is burning a whole in my pocket but I really dont want to rush into it.

I wont be having them fitted though mate as my swing is still developing and changes every other week. The fella in AG said to me it'd probly be best to keep them standard atleast till I have a few lessons.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
minty, what are you using at the moment, could they do the job until you've settled the swing?
If you buy now as standard (and if it turns out not be right for you) you will have effectively paid twice for fitting. It <u>will</u> be included in the off-the-shelf price whether you take it or not and AG (and probably anyone else)will charge for a retro-fit.