Night Leg Cramps

rapper

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am a 76 high handicap golfer play 3 times a week ,i use a sit on buggy and suffer badly from night leg cramps ,my wife says it with playing golf as i can walk 5 miles at a steady pace without suffering
I put it down to medication ,statins ,does anyone else suffer ?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Night cramp is common with older people.

One suggestion is to do exercise before going to bed - simple hamstring stretch type leg exercises.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
I suffer similar with the cramps and I don't take any medication so you can maybe rule out the statins, mine occur after playing golf, I put it down to the pint or two in the 19th hole :D.

Seriously though, maybe try one of those massage guns on the affected areas, after a round and before bedtime, they are more affordable now than when they first appeared.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Stretching and hydration would be my recommendation. Are you drinking enough when you play golf?

PS, when I first read your post I thought you had a 76 handicap!!!:ROFLMAO:o_O

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am a 76 high handicap golfer play 3 times a week ,i use a sit on buggy and suffer badly from night leg cramps ,my wife says it with playing golf as i can walk 5 miles at a steady pace without suffering
I put it down to medication ,statins ,does anyone else suffer ?
Recent research says it's not statins. But I now reckon it is a couple of extra glasses of red wine (n)

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
I mentioned that I get occasional leg cramps to my GP recently.

Sometimes I get it in my thigh, which, unlike the calf muscle, can't be stretched out so easily, and it bloody hurts!

I was told that the best remedy by far is to drink tonic water (quinine) before bed. It has worked for me - not stopped it completely, but its been far more bearable when it does come on!

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I mentioned that I get occasional leg cramps to my GP recently.

Sometimes I get it in my thigh, which, unlike the calf muscle, can't be stretched out so easily, and it bloody hurts!

I was told that the best remedy by far is to drink tonic water (quinine) before bed. It has worked for me - not stopped it completely, but its been far more bearable when it does come on!
https://cdn.jwplayer.com/previews/DcFvDAS6

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had unbearable leg muscle cramps when taking statins.
I tried 3 different types of statins, before being prescribed a newish drug called Bempedoic acid capsules by a cardiologist.
I've had no cramps or side effects since starting them 6 months ago, ask your doctor. (y)