NFL 2019

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
He's got a rap sheet so long that Fragger even issued him a 30-day ban from this forum. The only thing he hasn't done is wear black socks with shorts. He is an out-and-out thug.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Green Bay handing us, Dallas, our backsides on a large plate. Totalled mullered. ☹
The Cowboys benefitted in the first three weeks from playing bad teams. The Manning-Giants, The Deadskins and the Tanking Dolphins. The last two weeks they came up against good defenses in the Saints and Packers and got found out. Week 6 they have the J-E-T-S and they will win. They are a wild card team at best as the Eagles are far better overall.

The highlight of yesterday's game was the Clapper throwing a challenge flag at an official with a few four-letter words and getting a yellow flag thrown back at him. Just priceless.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Raiders bullying the bears D, wasn't expecting that

"Bullying" cannot be used in any context when you are playing Chase Daniel :D The Raiders are taking advantage of circumstances but they are not a good team. The win over the Colts was more a case of Indy playing badly than Oakland playing well. They are fortunate they have a bad Denver team in their division but they are third-best in the AFC West behind the Chiefs and LA Chargers.

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Do officials get training in how to throw their flags? Just wondering if it's up to them how flamboyantly they do it or if there's a standard :ROFLMAO: Last night's one with Jason Garrett was hilarious: "oooh, the bad man shouted at me, I'm going to send this bit of cloth twirling in the breeze, that'll show him". There was one in week four (I think) where some guy punched another player and about four flags went up in unison, it was almost synchronised.

Probably something that only amuses me but it does make me laugh when I see it.

The Garrett incident is from about 30s in the clip:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...lay-Honey-Badger-prances-through-for-big-pick

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Cowboys benefitted in the first three weeks from playing bad teams. The Manning-Giants, The Deadskins and the Tanking Dolphins. The last two weeks they came up against good defenses in the Saints and Packers and got found out. Week 6 they have the J-E-T-S and they will win. They are a wild card team at best as the Eagles are far better overall.

The highlight of yesterday's game was the Clapper throwing a challenge flag at an official with a few four-letter words and getting a yellow flag thrown back at him. Just priceless.

Interestingly I wrote that at 31-3. Nice recovery to make the scoreline respectable but in truth, it was a 14pt game, with all the mistakes made, slow start and the inability to hold GB in the first half. Rodgers likes it at Dallas.

Garrett hissy fit was quite funny though! I think there was a some previous between him and the line judge before he chucked the red flag...I remember the same ref saying to JG something like , "if you disagree, then chuck the red flag..."!

The next three we can win - Jets, Eagles and Giants. Maybe.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Do officials get training in how to throw their flags? Just wondering if it's up to them how flamboyantly they do it or if there's a standard :ROFLMAO:

Ok this is going to sound crazy but yes they do. Around 15 years ago there was an incident involving a Baltimore offensive lineman, I know his nickname was Zeus but can't remember exactly who it was, who was hit in the eye by a flag and sustained a nasty injury. The flags have weighted corners. The officials are taught when amongst players to throw them at the apparent spot of the foul downwards. When they have a personal foul penalty or a scrum, then they will throw them straight up in the air away from the players to alert the TV crews that such a penalty is being called.

These are the sorts of e-mails we used to get sent in to the studio at Sky and then myself or Nick Halling would toss a coin over who had to look stupid actually giving out the real answer. We got a classic one once asking how the yellow line to indicate a first down was put on the field. We so wanted to say "someone runs across quickly with special paint" but were banned from doing it.

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ok this is going to sound crazy but yes they do. Around 15 years ago there was an incident involving a Baltimore offensive lineman, I know his nickname was Zeus but can't remember exactly who it was, who was hit in the eye by a flag and sustained a nasty injury. The flags have weighted corners. The officials are taught when amongst players to throw them at the apparent spot of the foul downwards. When they have a personal foul penalty or a scrum, then they will throw them straight up in the air away from the players to alert the TV crews that such a penalty is being called.

These are the sorts of e-mails we used to get sent in to the studio at Sky and then myself or Nick Halling would toss a coin over who had to look stupid actually giving out the real answer. We got a classic one once asking how the yellow line to indicate a first down was put on the field. We so wanted to say "someone runs across quickly with special paint" but were banned from doing it.

Cheers for the answer. In reality - aside for nearly taking someone's eye out - the flag system isn't really that much different from a linesman's flag in our football, it's just there are a few more umpires in the NFL.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Seven on-field officials in the NFL all with specific responsibilities and locations on the field for each play. But a linesman in football doesn't throw his flag at an offside player. Then again, there's a thought …..

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Gruden was only kept on for this past weekend so the new coach would not get an ass-kicking on week 1 from the Cheatriots. He was dead man walking on the sideline Sunday.
And I'm hearing bad things about the rookie Haskins' development since he got into Washington so don't expect any miracles there.