NFL 2019

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
There will be some serious discussions going on about this right now. Did the terminology in the contract potentially invalidate it because it preceeded the contract being signed etc. It will run and run for some time. Unlike his career. I've dealt with some real prima donna receivers in my time (Keyshawn Johnson being by far the worst) but everything I've heard about Brown is that he was a liability from the start.
PS, the prima donna players, is that down to the individual or his entourage or both..

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Many NFL players are like that because they have been treated like royalty at high school and then college. And once they prove they can play in the NFL, they just get too full of themselves thanks to their agents, families and hangers-on. The character Rod Tidwell in Jerry Maguire is a perfect example. It is normally receivers for some reason but they are in the limelight more than others. The only QB who was right up his own arse was Colin Kaerpenick which is why NFL team would ever touch him irrespective of his political views. He was an absolute cancer in the 49ers locker room and you cannot have the focal point of your entire team acting like that.

Hitdaball

Visit site
I hadn’t heard that wrt to Kaepernick , I find it much easier to believe he hasn’t got a job because he continues to protest against racism in an industry dominated by white owners.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Kaepernick - no team is every going to touch him again with all the baggage he comes with. Yes he is probably better than some of the third-string QBs who wind up playing at the end of a season because of injuries but you have to consider what it would do the chemistry of a locker room if he arrived in there. And no team is ever going to take that chance with him.

He had a nice season leading a good Niners team to the Super Bowl but he was not the reason they got there. And even then there were many stories about his divisiveness in the locker room that even dated back to his days in college. He will never play in the NFL again so he can carry on spouting his political views to anyone who wants to listen. And most of his complaints about racism are totally unfounded.

Hitdaball

Visit site
And most of his complaints about racism are totally unfounded.

It would derail the thread hugely to start talking about police treatment of minorities in the states but suffice to say we disagree.

Have any sources for the stories about his divisiveness prior to taking the knee? I’d be interested to look at those. Osi and Jay Bell (my primary source on CK 😆) seem to rate him both as a QB and a human.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My sources would be the 20-30 members of the media I talk to on a regular basis as a freelance NFL writer. The NFL coverage on the BBC is seriously dumbed-down and neither of them do any kind of research outside of what one intern does for them.

Hitdaball

Visit site
It’s unusual for that many folk in the media to think he is a jerk but the public perception be different, but hey ho. I guess there must be some published stories out there I just can’t find them.

Where do you get published? I’d be interested to follow your stuff.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
My sources would be the 20-30 members of the media I talk to on a regular basis as a freelance NFL writer. The NFL coverage on the BBC is seriously dumbed-down and neither of them do any kind of research outside of what one intern does for them.

Dumbed down Auntie Beeb, 😳 Our esteemed establishment. Do you know what your saying man. Off to the stocks in the tower for you. That aside heathen 😁, there was a reason why I asked. There MUST be a reason why the Pats did what they did, to be honest and I know the cheatriots are not your favourite team. But I am gobsmacked they took on " trouble" in the first place.

Hitdaball

Visit site
Because he allegedly sent texts which could be deemed threatening to the accuser whilst at the Pats, according to the BBC.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Tashy - they were not aware of all the other allegations when they signed him. Someone in the Patriots organisation will be out of a job for that. I am friends with the Bucs security team (run by an ex CIA veteran) and I know the depths they go to look into all their players or potential ones.

I know how the BBC work on the NFL because I used to do that research for them back in the day!

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The cat is still in hiding. If he misses a kick in the next two games, he won't be coming over to London for the game against the Kitty Cats.
Did find out last week by the way I am calling that game for the Bucs inside the stadium. So pity the poor 75,000 people who will be there listening to me.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The two right side linebackers who totally missed their assignments on that Raider end-around score are in for a long week of film review. That was embarrassing.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
My fantasy hopes fail with every down Goff fails and Kupp doesn’t get a target.

What happened to Goff? Where is his resurgence?

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Goff missed a couple of scoring chances in that game but he was under siege at times and got happy feet in the pocket. Todd Bowles' blitzing defense is a real all-or-nothing for the Bucs this year but it did the job on Goff when needed. The Rams will be OK. They are still way better than the Niners or Seahawks in that division. Not sure what to make of the Jekyll and Hyde Buccaneers right now. But I'll enjoy seeing them score a franchise record 55 points in a game. Shame as I was there when they scored their record 48 in the Super Bowl against the Raiders.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
NFL Irritations - people who use "defence" and not "defense". Also calling Super Bowl one word when it's two. We used to purposely ignore any e-mails that came into the Sky studio that fell foul of those two rules!