Votes: 36 41.9%
  • Increase

Votes: 45 52.3%
  • Decrease

Votes: 5 5.8%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 1740

Our club is very pro active in asking members to support an inflationary increase each year.

At the moment, the green staff have been doing a fantastic job and this year the course was in incredible shape. Probably one of the best kept members courses in Scotland. And they are doing as many projects as they can cram in over the winter in terms of repairing drainage, a bit of bunkering and laying artificial surfaces for paths around the course.

Added to that, like most other clubs, we have had a fair influx of new members including a lot of people who want to play regular golf, so the tee sheet is very busy to the point of being problematic. No doubt we may see a slight reduction in member numbers as people realise they won't play as much in 2021 or move to a club that might have an quieter tee sheet, but I'm guessing we will still be close to full membership next year.

We are also relatively fortunate in that we weren't reliant on huge bar or food income and I would estimate loss of visitor income has been covered by additional members and guest fees.

I reckon another 2% to 3% increase and they will think up plenty of things to spend any additional revenue on if they do get 500 to 600 members.

However there's another option which would be to freeze members fees and make it known that no one will gain entry without committing to the full joining fee (£750), which in reality is often heavily discounted or paid back to joiners in bar card monies.

What about the plumbers and electricians? ?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Am sure our course has said the inability to play for A couple of months due will be reflected in next years fees. What it used to do and has now stopped was lower fees if you paid before the end of Dec or Jan.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Had a few holidays in Monifieth staying at the caravan park as a youngster, played both tracks a number of times and some exccellent memories including my 1st sub par round of 3 under on the Ashludie.

Last trip up was with some mates to Carnoustie and made sure we played the Medal before we came home, needless to say my 'local knowledge' took the cash. If I remember rightly vistors clubhouse of the day was Grange GC.

Great place to play golf.
I only had a season ticket for the Ashludie this year and it was a little bit frustrating at times when it was really busy in the evening and I could look across at the Medal where the front nine was empty - There was a rise in rounds played on both courses after lockdown this year but the Ashludie saw a massive 74% more rounds than the previous year so it's nearly always been busy - understandable as, being short, it's ideal for an evening's round - the ticket I get next year will allow me to play either course so I'll just go for the least busy at the time I want to play - or potentially jump across to the other course if I get stuck in a log jam.

We're going to have a waiting list for seven day season tickets covering both courses next year (don't think I've ever seen that before) - I could get one as an existing season ticket holder but six day suits me better as there's probably only once or twice a year I'd want to play on a Saturday.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm expecting a slight increase, which would be fair, as we have been promised the lockdown times will be added on to our existing contract.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ours don’t renew until end of June, so right now there can be idea as to which way the fees will go. This current year, they stayed at last years level.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We were going to get £140 off fees split over two years - instead I've today accepted offer of that £140 +30% to immediately go onto Shop / Bar-Food accounts split 50/50. Both accounts were depleted so was going to haver to stick some money on both this weekend - now sorted - £91 added to both. Suits me just fine and money immediately going back into the club as revenue.

I intend to pay next year's fees up front rather than monthly so whatever increase there is will be offset by my saving by paying one-off up front.

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have the same issue. That or it gets to the week before it expires and they rock up and buy up bottles of wine in bulk
We stopped them rocking up as the bar manager said that she needed notice to supply the wine or whatever they asked for.
So you have to ask in writing by 7th December for what you want , nobody bothered.
Just seems strange that you could go all year and not spend a penny in the clubhouse.
But it takes all type of people.