• Increase

Votes: 45 52.3%
  • Decrease

Votes: 5 5.8%

• Total voters

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ours are going to AGM next week. Club wish to increase fees, but I think it’ll be knocked back

How is your club going about organising a club AGM during this period where there can be no mass gatherings?

Only asking as our club had to cancel, suspend our yearly AGM for these reasons.

Thus, rise in fees went ahead, but if chance to have AGM happens in the not too distant future, and the fee increase is voted against, then club will have to refund.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How is your club going about organising a club AGM during this period where there can be no mass gatherings?

Only asking as our club had to cancel, suspend our yearly AGM for these reasons.

Thus, rise in fees went ahead, but if chance to have AGM happens in the not too distant future, and the fee increase is voted against, then club will have to refund.

All being completed on Zoom....so It’s likely to be worth attending for the pure comedy value of people screwing up trying to connect and inevitably calling out ‘Can you hear me...’

We also leveraged the website to create a page for voting on the proposals which were emailed or posted out to everyone with the reasonings for the proposals etc. To be honest, I’ve been quite impressed with how well organised it has been.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
We have had an email to say that in view of the truncated year and some clever cost management by the committee... we are having an £80 (or thereabouts) reduction next year if the membership approve the vote. Seems reasonable to me, although I'll wager some old git will complain that this.

We had an online voted (Survey Monkey) to review a series of options, I wonder if the AGM will be on Zoom... looks likely, our lot have handled this year pretty well to be honest

sunshine

Visit site

This is classic golf club mentality I've seen in a number of other threads. No flexibility, no innovation, no attempt to adapt. Over the last couple of years, the forward looking clubs are thriving, whereas those stuck in their ways are slowly going to the wall.

D

Deleted member 15344

We are using a you tube channel broadcast for our AGM - we did it for a quiz before , any voting required is done beforehand via online

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I expect we'll go up.

However at renewal time back in march this year we were offered a reduction for next two years based upon pro-rata value of 'golf lost' this year. If I take the reduction my subs for next year will likely be about the same. However we've been offered 30% on top of the value of the two years of reductions up front now to waive that - and split the total two yrs reduction+30% split 50/50 between our Pro Shop and Drinks/Food tab.

Seems a good idea to me and I think I'll take it up, as all the money I'd be getting back over two years through reduced subs and that would be in my pocket and spent on the club in any case, will instead be immediate revenue for the club - and that will help - though club is stable despite obvious significant loss of revenue this year. I know that I'll quickly clear my the bar/food credit and I'm buying new clubs through the pro.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is written in to our 'constitution' fees will increase in line with inflation at minimum.

Knowing roughly what our deficit is I can see them increasing above this.

All players who paid their fees on time were guaranteed a credit for the period of no play but a lot have said they would like the club to keep it and others have been asked if they want to do the same.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Ours was done on ZOOM

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We don't renew until 1st March and at the moment the club haven't said anything. Given the numbers at the AGM I am preparing for an increase but for it to be less than the club would ideally like as they'll have to strike a balance between getting revenue in and risking annoying a lot of members and their annual fees. I am fairly neutral about it all until I get the email or invoice.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Renewal is in April, too far away to tell what’s going to happen but the club is doing very well. Membership is now full with a waiting list which according to recent correspondence is the first time for a fair few years.
I only joined just after the first lockdown so I’m not sure if there is any recompense planned due to not being able to play for a couple of months of the year.
There has been serious investment going into the course for the last few years after Ebert & Mackenzie made some recommendations.

There’s an open forum to members in the next couple of weeks deciding on where we’re going to go with the next 10 year plan. It hasn’t been said as such but it all looks like they’re trying to get all of the architects recommendations done for the 125th anniversary. Whatever happens I will continue my membership, it’s an absolutely outstanding club that I honestly feel privileged to be a part of.

evemccc

Visit site
Our subs are to remain at this years rate so no increase and cheap as chips.

Visitors green fees are to increase slightly to £60 day rate midweek , not sure of weekend rate but not much more so still best value golf of any Top 100 course in the UK.

Club has attracted some new members and is considering capping membership numbers now as the increased visitor numbers of recent years can put pressure on tee slots particularly midweek. Tremendous end of the season with high visitor numbers has left the club in a good position and enabled us to crack on with works to replace the irrigation system which was on its last legs.

If you have not played Silloth on Solway you are missing out on a treat.

It is a great track for sure. Love the front 9 esp and the last 3 also

If I wasn’t hundreds of miles away I’d join in an instant ??

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ours are the same £1265.
Normally we pay £100 on bar card but this has been shelved this year.
No refund as such but am just glad we are in a good place some clubs are not.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
We got notice of the links fees on Friday, they are going up roughly £20 - and they've made a few changes to the various options.

I'll be getting a six day ticket for both courses at £450 and my missus the same, but she'll have her club membership on top of that which was £150 this year. The six day ticket doesn't include Saturday's which is ideal for us, she works Saturday's and I'm off around the country photographing football on all but half a dozen Saturday's.

I'm not joining one of the clubs because I've no use for it, don't care about comps anymore and haven't been in a clubhouse in years.

D

Deleted member 3432

We got notice of the links fees on Friday, they are going up roughly £20 - and they've made a few changes to the various options.

I'll be getting a six day ticket for both courses at £450 and my missus the same, but she'll have her club membership on top of that which was £150 this year. The six day ticket doesn't include Saturday's which is ideal for us, she works Saturday's and I'm off around the country photographing football on all but half a dozen Saturday's.

I'm not joining one of the clubs because I've no use for it, don't care about comps anymore and haven't been in a clubhouse in years.

What clubs play out of Monifieth these days, am I right in thinking a couple of the clubs merged a few years back?

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
What clubs play out of Monifieth these days, am I right in thinking a couple of the clubs merged a few years back?
Grange and Broughty amalgamated a couple of years ago (it's called Grange and Broughty) - I was a member of Grange until I stopped having time to play much. Monifieth is still separate despite several moves for them to amalgamate too over the years - so there's now two clubs - there were at least four at one point before my time here.

D

Deleted member 3432

Grange and Broughty amalgamated a couple of years ago (it's called Grange and Broughty) - I was a member of Grange until I stopped having time to play much. Monifieth is still separate despite several moves for them to amalgamate too over the years - so there's now two clubs - there were at least four at one point before my time here.

Had a few holidays in Monifieth staying at the caravan park as a youngster, played both tracks a number of times and some exccellent memories including my 1st sub par round of 3 under on the Ashludie.

Last trip up was with some mates to Carnoustie and made sure we played the Medal before we came home, needless to say my 'local knowledge' took the cash. If I remember rightly vistors clubhouse of the day was Grange GC.

Great place to play golf.