Next Top Course To Play

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Once restrictions are lifted I am going to head down to Concra Wood as I love that place, really want to get back to Royal Portrush and Portstewart as soon as I can also, I'll make sure any courses I play in Ireland are links though just in case the inland ones aren't Irish ?

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
The one local course that I need to play is Birkdale, it is hosting the Ladies County Championship next year so I should be getting 2 rounds there then.

D

Deleted member 15344

You see, it's a serious question and some can't resist. So i'll ignore from now on.

Otherwise, good post so far. I always respect what Lord T posts.

You asked what club people would play and they are giving you and answer

Is there is something specific people are supposed to have answered with?

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
They have all gone crazy along the coast.

I've been keeping my eye on Lytham as bizarrely I've never played it, its £220 midweek in Summer and £150pp in Winter.

Lytham i very good when it comes to hosting Ladies county comps, I played there twice 3 years ago, they are hosting another comp this year so if I get in quick enough should be playing it again

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cheers Lou. I've been looking at Lytham. Birkdale seems a regular top shout. Kings course has now entered into the fray.

Thanks for the Old course shouts. Not for me I'm afraid. In built aversion to anything popular. Blame me dad. Hated Elvis apparently?????????

D

Deleted member 17920

They have all gone crazy along the coast.

I've been keeping my eye on Lytham as bizarrely I've never played it, its £220 midweek in Summer and £150pp in Winter.
They occasionally do a Summer offer. That’s how we played with it Karl and Val. £145 each.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Royal St George’s.

Weather much milder in the winter than Scotland, otherwise it would have been The Old Course, St Andrews.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Cheers Lou. I've been looking at Lytham. Birkdale seems a regular top shout. Kings course has now entered into the fray.

Thanks for the Old course shouts. Not for me I'm afraid. In built aversion to anything popular. Blame me dad. Hated Elvis apparently?????????

You asked US what course WE would play, now you tell us you don't want anything popular. ?

On that basis, I'm having another go.
Blairgowrie Rosemount. My favourite inland course.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
You asked US what course WE would play, now you tell us you don't want anything popular. ?

On that basis, I'm having another go.
Blairgowrie Rosemount. My favourite inland course.

no no sorry sorry. Gosh that's quick. I'm not saying I'm adverse to popular just well, the Old Course is the megga megga one that some would pick because it's the Old Course and I get that, but really it's the ONLY one I'd give a swerve to. Sorry sorry to everyone who love the OC.

D

Deleted member 15344

Royal St Georges is on my mind. Why, over all other available, would you choose it?

because it’s one of the best in England , it’s aesthetically pleasing , the dunes on some holes are stunning , greens are superb , bunkers are a beast , and it’s tough. But going by how you were at Hunstanton I don’t think you should go there - the welcome from the pro is awful , the car park is a bit of grass

D

Deleted member 3432

Think I will be playing my own track....

Still get exicted standing on the 1st tee knowing the challenge the course and elements are going to throw at me.

evemccc

Visit site
I wouldn't say it's the best course I've played but it's possibly my favourite. Absolutely love how you have to plot your way round.

It’s very near the top of my bucket list

The NLU boys eulogised about it, and the trickery of it too.

In terms of plotting, do you need primarily with tee-shots and avoiding bunkers eg using woods/irons off tees instead of Driver?

D

Deleted Member 1156

OK, what sort of recommendations would you like us to make then?