Newbies shaft flex question

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
From the picture you posted the shaft isn't affected, the adapter is what has broken, but being carbon composite I would get a professional to remove what's left and attach a new adapter - job done.
Don't need the old bits of adapter - it will only fit one way/length (unless you want the club a different length)
I would agree the shaft dosnt look damaged.
This is where it ends in the adapter.
New one it will be fine.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Also agree the shaft looks fine. Just pull the adpater, or get a pro to do so. It's worth it if the driver performed for you. Its not easy to get a similar style profile shaft, but it's possible if you look. There are many charts out there that group shafts based on similar profiles - just give google a search.

Besides even the same shaft may not be the same, given you bought this second hand already installed. The length could have been adjusted at either end. It may have been tipped for the driver or tipped aftermarket, changing the standard profile again.

Much easier to repair

Buckbeak

Visit site
Thanks for all of your replies guys. Very much appreciated. Fingers crossed it's the adapter. Who would be best to fix it? Would AG be okay? Or any other suggestions?

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
From the picture you posted the shaft isn't affected, the adapter is what has broken, but being carbon composite I would get a professional to remove what's left and attach a new adapter - job done.
Don't need the old bits of adapter - it will only fit one way/length (unless you want the club a different length)
I wouldn't worry if the tip of the shaft is damaged on removal. I had the same shaft in a regular flex & when it was removed from a driver about ¾" of the tip was damaged. I had 1" cut off the tip & a 1" extension put on the butt end of the shaft. It made no difference to the way the shaft played. I think that this is because the tip is uniformly stiff for a long section because of the way it's made & you can lose an inch without any material effect.