Newbie question

Bobthesock

Visit site
Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere but I can't seem to find the proper answer.
I played in an open competition and the results are now posted on the club's website.
The question is how to I submit this score to my whs handicap now that I no longer have the scorecard? Will the club that held the open do it automatically?
Many thanks in advance

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere but I can't seem to find the proper answer.
I played in an open competition and the results are now posted on the club's website.
The question is how to I submit this score to my whs handicap now that I no longer have the scorecard? Will the club that held the open do it automatically?
Many thanks in advance
They should using your CDH number.
Only if it was a singles though.
Might take a few days though.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Many thanks in advance
Presumably you were playing at a course other than your own and I assume it was individual strokeplay.. The organising club should have updated the WHS automatically.
You should be able to see your own records on the WHS portal. https://www.englandgolf.org/my-account/ where you can sign-up (activate) or login

Bobthesock

Visit site
Presumably you were playing at a course other than your own and I assume it was individual strokeplay.. The organising club should have updated the WHS automatically.
You should be able to see your own records on the WHS portal. https://www.englandgolf.org/my-account/ where you can sign-up (activate) or login
Hi thanks for the reply. It was individual stableford does this not count? I have the England golf app and it's not on there

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi thanks for the reply. It was individual stableford does this not count? I have the England golf app and it's not on there
Yes it’s just a form of strokeplay but you get points on each hole.
Sometimes it just takes a while for the comp sec to upload the scores.
If you don’t hear anything a polite email to the club might be necessary.

Bobthesock

Visit site
Yes it’s just a form of strokeplay but you get points on each hole.
Sometimes it just takes a while for the comp sec to upload the scores.
If you don’t hear anything a polite email to the club might be necessary.
Nice one thanks mate, as I said it's already on the club website I'll leave it a few days and then email. Was a decent score otherwise I wouldn't be too bothered

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes I've looked on there thanks. Only rounds from my own course are showing. It's the first open I have played in so just wanted to make sure it is the club who does it not me
The WHS manual doesn't make it clear as to who's responsibility it is to ensure that away scores are returned. The implication is that is down to the player. Certainly the old CDH interchange does not seem to be there currently.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Bit of a thread hijack... I've just played a round todatand I can see it in the EG app already. It will actually be my best score but currently it isn't showing as a counting score. Is it in case I'm playing a 36 hole comp so my HI is held until tomorrow before updating?

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Although the score is showing, the system won't update until midnight as there may be a PCC to adjust the scores...althoughnit seems to happen fairly infrequently
When you wake up in the morning the butcher will have cut you:LOL:

Bobthesock

Visit site
The WHS manual doesn't make it clear as to who's responsibility it is to ensure that away scores are returned. The implication is that is down to the player. Certainly the old CDH interchange does not seem to be there currently.
How am I supposed to return it though? I put the card in the box after the round. Should you fill out 2 cards in away comps?

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Although the score is showing, the system won't update until midnight as there may be a PCC to adjust the scores...althoughnit seems to happen fairly infrequently
When you wake up in the morning the butcher will have cut you:LOL:

Thanks, makes sense.

Be a 2 shot cut as well if my calculations are right. ?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bit of a thread hijack... I've just played a round todatand I can see it in the EG app already. It will actually be my best score but currently it isn't showing as a counting score. Is it in case I'm playing a 36 hole comp so my HI is held until tomorrow before updating?
Surely the EG app doesn't update WHS immediately but does it overnight like all other 'front end' systems.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Surely the EG app doesn't update WHS immediately but does it overnight like all other 'front end' systems.

Interestingly enough, it seems it does!

Played a casual round at another club and we both entered scores via e.g. app. Both received notifications to approve scores in a few mins and the hcp index got adjusted after we approved.

Don’t know if they’ve updated sth. Haven’t submitted another round since to confirm.