New Shoes

seve276

Visit site
Come into a few bob and I`m going to treat myself to a pair of golf shoes always had Footjoy green joys as all I could afford got 60 quid to spend been looking at the Puma range anyone use them. looking for a good deal prefer spikes as i`m a lump of a bloke lol

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've had some Puma's for 18 months now. Model has been replaced, new pair every 3 months or so, so giving the model name is a bit pointless. Very comfy, still working well.

Only let down was the spikes themselves which were a bit rubbish and fell out on the course quite regularly. I bought decent replacements and swapped them as soon as I realised. My advice, if you buy puma, is to swap the spikes straight away so you have no problems with any sticking or snapping. Seems to be a common issue with puma shoes.

Despite the spike issue I'd happily buy them again as they are comfy and smart.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I tried a pair of Puma a few years back. Very comfortable shoes and was immediately impressed by this. They started to leak after approx 6-9 months. I expect a little better than that, so have never bought Puma since.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nike I personally find the best. I suffer from plantia faccititis and they are some of the most comfortable shoes

Also they are always on eBay due to model changes

I’ve got 5 pairs of nikes now.. didn’t pay more than £50 each

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I bought a pair if Pumas a couple of years ago. I'd echo the statements on the OEM cleats as they are truly rubbish and and come out easily. I also found the heel fabric wore far too quickly.
Personally I wouldn't buy another pair as I feel there are better options out there.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Wait for the sales before the new season. You can get some Adidas boosts for around £70

You could get the tour 360’s in white and pink for £80 now on the site. If that’s your thing.

I’ve got a pair of adipower boosts and tour 360s.

Both still good for another season. Unlike FJ’s which don’t last for me.

Skypilot

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Nike I personally find the best. I suffer from plantia faccititis and they are some of the most comfortable shoes

Also they are always on eBay due to model changes

I’ve got 5 pairs of nikes now.. didn’t pay more than £50 each
I suffer with that so was interested in your post. Do they do spikeless?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I suffer with that so was interested in your post. Do they do spikeless?

Yes they do

https://www.golfonline.co.uk/nike-m...MIyan-nLvB2QIVr53tCh3j5QmWEAQYASABEgIJdPD_BwE

I have these in white

All my golf shoes I put insoles in, I use

2 Pairs Orthotic Insoles Full Length With Arch SUPPORTS, Metatarsal and Heel Cushion For Plantar Fasciitis Treatment (9-10.5) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00Z099HW8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_1gUKAb6908SXP

Every pair of shoes I own has this in and it really helps my feet

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Wait for the sales before the new season. You can get some Adidas boosts for around £70

You could get the tour 360’s in white and pink for £80 now on the site. If that’s your thing.

I’ve got a pair of adipower boosts and tour 360s.

Both still good for another season. Unlike FJ’s which don’t last for me.

Another vote for the Tour 360. I have two pairs, both two winters old now, still keeping my feet dry,and very comfortable to wear. Some good bargains on ebay around £70 at the moment. You may need a size up for Adidas with width if they don't specify wide fitting.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Considering the Footjoy Pro/SL shoes - good feedback on them from lads in the shop - £129.99 in our pro shop looks a pretty good price given I can try them on in the shop and walk out with a new pair in my hands or on my feet 5mins later.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Also consider Skechers. Getting very positive reviews. I have a pair and a few of my friends have moved on to them as well.

If you go for Adidas, try them first as they were always too narrow to me. That is until I got a pair of Adidas Powerband Boa. In the wide, they've made the front part wider and half a size larger than normal fit me well. Very comfortable and the Boa system is great. Look around and you can get them at a decent price. I can't speak for the longevity of them though.

Definitely though, try before you buy as every model of shoe is different and you need to find one that is comfortable for you.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I wear Greenjoys in the winter as they are fully waterproof and so easy to maintain. When the weather improves I wear DryJoy Tours as they are good quality and comfortable.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Also consider Skechers. Getting very positive reviews. I have a pair and a few of my friends have moved on to them as well.

If you go for Adidas, try them first as they were always too narrow to me. That is until I got a pair of Adidas Powerband Boa. In the wide, they've made the front part wider and half a size larger than normal fit me well. Very comfortable and the Boa system is great. Look around and you can get them at a decent price. I can't speak for the longevity of them though.

Definitely though, try before you buy as every model of shoe is different and you need to find one that is comfortable for you.

Good shout with the Skechers and they look like they're doing some great sumer shoes in particular. We've got a Skechers store opening soon in Bracknell so hoping they'll do a decent amount of their golf shoe range

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
My Skechers are still the most comfortable shoes I own however they are NOT waterproof despite their claims. For comfort and waterproof buy Puma is my advice.

If you are just after comfort and looks are not "that" important then I recommend you seriously look at Crocs golf! Love my Crocs.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My Skechers are still the most comfortable shoes I own however they are NOT waterproof despite their claims. For comfort and waterproof buy Puma is my advice.

If you are just after comfort and looks are not "that" important then I recommend you seriously look at Crocs golf! Love my Crocs.

Good to know re waterproofing. Got my eyes on these http://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acat...3-Approach-Golf-Shoes-Grey-Blue.html#SID=2546 but hopefully from my new store and hopefully a tad cheaper

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Good to know re waterproofing. Got my eyes on these http://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acat...3-Approach-Golf-Shoes-Grey-Blue.html#SID=2546 but hopefully from my new store and hopefully a tad cheaper

Hope you are lucky Homer. Our local Sketchers store, admittedly its in an outlet, is quite large but does not stock golf shoes at all. My pro has suggested I consider Sketchers as I am after a pair of spineless for the Summer - just waiting for him to get some new stock in.