New shoe affecting swing!!! <cant make this up>

V

vkurup

Given the rains, I chucked my old trusty but leaky shoe and put on a new shiny Adidas Tour 360 shoe. The thingi is a beauty and got a lot of comments on my new high heels. The shoe is fantastic as it kept me dry on a very very waterlogged course. However I had a very bad round and I topped most of my shots. Even my 'go-to' clubs were misfiring. I put it down to too much golf (it was my 3rd round this week).

I would not have never believed it.. but as chance would have it, this just landed in my mailbox.

http://www.revolutiongolf.com/home/video/1910547478001

Acc to the presenter, the adidas shoe is going to raise my height and will affect my swing!!! Now that might explain why I kept topping the ball yesterday. Has anyone experienced this?

BTW, I dont take any divot with my swing, so it is not the best swing action in the first place. However it still helps me shoot in the low 90s

PS: My old shoe was a simple RAM which has a very standard issue spike and sole, the adidas is definitely taller than the RAM

Last edited:

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
hmmmm, interesting. All my comp wins have come wearing my AQL's, my crap rounds are wearing the Lunars, I may have to have a wee measure as I definitely hit my irons better at the weekend with my AQL's on.

Then again it could be total coincidence at my level of ability :)

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I have 3 pairs, 2 are white and the other is black. I always play ok to excellent with the white pairs but badly with the black pair, I'm concerned people think I'm racist as I won't buy black again! :rofl: ;)

@the op, you're looking for excuses IMO, you set up and address the ball with the club behind the ball don't you? Irrespective of whatever you have on your feet? Swing while maintaining your height.

car.crash

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had some greenjoys with huge soles on them. Just got some luners and shot my worst ever round. I kept going to deep and smashing lumps out the course.

V

vkurup

I had some greenjoys with huge soles on them. Just got some luners and shot my worst ever round. I kept going to deep and smashing lumps out the course.

Maybe it is just a placebo effect, but looks like a few guys have the same issue. I think this should get a full scale investigation. :) Can we get Mike or Paul O to shed some light.. Who knows this might be the reason why Tiger is not playing well anymore - cos he switched his shoes!!!

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wore new shoes (more precise 'boots') over the weekend, and shot my best ever round (one over), so definitely something in it

...... Ether that or it was new ball I was using Bridgestone optic yellow 330RX

.... Or was it the new winter glove, fish from the packet.

.... and it was also the first round this year for wearing the Under Armour cold gear shirt

..... Damn will have to try all that kit again this week to get a conclusive study sample.

V

vkurup

I wore new shoes (more precise 'boots') over the weekend, and shot my best ever round (one over), so definitely something in it

...... Ether that or it was new ball I was using Bridgestone optic yellow 330RX

.... Or was it the new winter glove, fish from the packet.

.... and it was also the first round this year for wearing the Under Armour cold gear shirt

..... Damn will have to try all that kit again this week to get a conclusive study sample.

I suggest u start with all the gear on the first hole and then progressively strip each layer off after 2-3 holes. That way you will be able to nail down which bit of gear works best.

PS: let me know when you play next and I will stay away from the club! :ears:

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Maybe you need one pair of shoes for each club, since all your clubs are different lengths.

That has the added bonus that you could wear your 4 iron shoes if you had a 7 iron shot with the ball above your feet. :)

Bob, how do I apply for a patent? ;)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I suggest u start with all the gear on the first hole and then progressively strip each layer off after 2-3 holes. That way you will be able to nail down which bit of gear works best.

PS: let me know when you play next and I will stay away from the club! :ears:

You only really need to stay away from the back 9!

HotDogAssassin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I took a photo of vkurup getting ready to play a round so that you can all understand his issue and stop taking the mickey. :D

63a3141b-578f-42b3-acbc-b13cd7856d3_zpsa8fc156e.jpg

D

Deleted Member 1156

My club is introducing a local rule from 1st November to get round these issues........ everyone has to play completely naked.