New Nike Air Jordan 1 Golf shoes!

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
I've never been so excited to try on a pair of golf shoes! Just received my new Nike Air Jordan's and they are a joy to behold! Comfy, stylish and ultra supportive! I think high tops could be a game changer - the way they stabilise the ankle is amazing and the fact I feel so grounded when taking a swing! Nike could be onto something here! Best £130 I've spent! Only using at range at moment - don't want to mess them up in the swamps of a golf course at this time of year!

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Really like the look of these. I love Jordans and have a nice pair for when I play basketball. I wish I could get a pair but the cost is a bit too much for me. I also liked the look of the original grey pair they released a while ago, they were not high tops so looked more like an actual golf shoe.

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm guessing they are more meant for the Ricky / Rory "jogging pants" type trouser rather than a traditional pair of slacks. My smart IJP tech chinos might look a bit off with them!

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've never been so excited to try on a pair of golf shoes! Just received my new Nike Air Jordan's and they are a joy to behold! Comfy, stylish and ultra supportive! I think high tops could be a game changer - the way they stabilise the ankle is amazing and the fact I feel so grounded when taking a swing! Nike could be onto something here! Best £130 I've spent! Only using at range at moment - don't want to mess them up in the swamps of a golf course at this time of year!

For when you really need to break out your devastating trademark hesitation crossover move to bamboozle your playing partners on the tricky 4th hole during the swindle?

Hideous imo and that is coming from someone that wears high top trainers regularly

Last edited:

D4RK1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Each to their own, but I think they look rediculous.

Ankle support for a golf swing? That would feel like a restriction not an benefit.

Still, as long as you like them. Who gives a flying,.. what anyone else thinks :)

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As much as I like these I would feel like a T!T wearing them

A bit the same with Flat billed baseballs caps- will leave to the Kidz!!!

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not a fan of Jordan-style shoes so wouldn't buy them personally, but love the idea. Big fan of Nike's last pair of hi-top golf shoes though, the Flyknit Chukka's are lovely, would love a pair of them.

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
Love how the opinion seems to split 50/50 straight down the middle! I for one love them - it's nice change from the traditional! That's why I really liked it when spikeless shoes came out as well!

I think its time to shift with the times- if you're hip hop enough to do so. Each to there own I suppose.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Clothes are all about personal taste. Personally I think they look bloody awful and I wouldn't be seen dead in them. I don't think Nike are aiming at me though so I doubt their marketing department will be losing any sleep!

gmhubble

Head Pro
Visit site
Am a traditionalist I am afraid and basketball is basketball and golf is golf

Air Jordan's for the court or fashion but not for the golf course

Old fart I know