New member referral

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just joined a new club and a mate has referred me so he gets £100 credit on his bar card when I renew next year ( he has agreed to split this with me ?). Anything similar at your clubs?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
It might not be but that really doesn’t add to the thread or answer the question. Thanks for you input?
It was just an indication that you may get hundreds of positive answers from the 2500 clubs in the UK.
But to answer specifically, we do.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Just joined a new club and a mate has referred me so he gets £100 credit on his bar card when I renew next year ( he has agreed to split this with me ?). Anything similar at your clubs?

Which club was it (out of interest?) I don't think RuleFan was being curt, it is very common in clubs trying to drum up new business. My Current club (Newport) is probably the first one I've been a member of which doesn't do it.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Which club was it (out of interest?) I don't think RuleFan was being curt, it is very common in clubs trying to drum up new business. My Current club (Newport) is probably the first one I've been a member of which doesn't do it.
Chippenham in Wiltshire.

Maybe I should have been a bit more specific and asked exactly what other clubs do - bar credit, money off renewal, etc and how much

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We don't have anything of this type.

I feel a bit split on this. It's good marketing but equally should members need money to encourage others to join. Doesn't it just take money out of the club?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site

I feel a bit split on this. It's good marketing but equally should members need money to encourage others to join. Doesn't it just take money out of the club?
I was going to join this club anyway as it is local so it is a nice bonus

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have the same deal at ours also get £25 put on your card if you pay your subs one month before they are due.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk

We have this scheme. I introduced someone who would have joined anyway so I declined to accept the £100. I feel really virtuous! ?