New lockdown will courses close?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Yeah I’ve literally had both both incomes taken away from me, but as long as everyone can get out and shoot 90+ in the rain everything is great.
No one is saying that.
Just because it affects you financially it doesn’t mean no one else can be annoyed by it.
Maybe you could look at getting some temporary work else where for a while?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
? oh how pretentious is that, we all bow to your superiority, I didn’t realise that ability had any bearing on wanting to go and play in probably the safest sport available to us during a pandemic, much safer than going to the supermarket or petrol garage.

Do you 2 lick each other’s balls in solidarity on the course, or do you lower your standards like the rest of us chompers and just lick your own?
I found the political threads to be less aggressive than this one I have to say. ?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't moan when I cant play golf on a 2 week holiday, so for it to be 4 weeks I will live with and hopefully stay alive and healthy.
Lets be honest, at this time of year golf can be very torturous what with the ground conditions and weather, so lets just accept the break and look forward to getting back out there ankle deep in the soft stuff.:)

D

Deleted member 15344

I don't moan when I cant play golf on a 2 week holiday, so for it to be 4 weeks I will live with and hopefully stay alive and healthy.
Lets be honest, at this time of year golf can be very torturous what with the ground conditions and weather, so lets just accept the break and look forward to getting back out there ankle deep in the soft stuff.:)

If anything the timing is good to allow a lot of the courses a bit of a break , all the courses would have had a lot of traffic over the past 6 months so a bit of breather with this mild wet weather will help the course. It’s frustrating that we can’t go and play golf but in the grand scheme of things it’s way down the list of priorities for the government to think off.

We have been very lucky - some sports havent even started and some leagues already cancelled

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
It’s not about that, and I’m not even moaning about it. I’m just giving a balanced view that right now golf being open is completely not an issue and people petitioning for it to be discussed in parliament is comical.
You just said you lost both your incomes. So it is about that or why say it. So have you lost both your incomes?

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
yes both of them, we’ll get some support but it is what it is. Everything is fine.
Except courses being closed. I’m losing sleep over that ?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
I’m grasping at anything a bit here

Attachments

• AD875F1A-4B1F-447F-919F-563F627DC3D6.jpeg
    AD875F1A-4B1F-447F-919F-563F627DC3D6.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 64
D

Deleted member 15344

It does amaze that when decisions like this are made why consultations aren’t made by the culture Secretary to the governing bodies of relevant sports.

I know England Hockey were totally unaware of what was going to happen , England Golf clearly were not informed and even elite sports etc - a lot of Amatuers sport leagues like rugby have all been cancelled

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
It does amaze that when decisions like this are made why consultations aren’t made by the culture Secretary to the governing bodies of relevant sports.

I know England Hockey were totally unaware of what was going to happen , England Golf clearly were not informed and even elite sports etc - a lot of Amatuers sport leagues like rugby have all been cancelled

Best start a petition ?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

i expect its because the more they involve the more likely it is that news gets leaked ahead of announcements. There again, thats happening anyway

D

Deleted member 15344

Best start a petition ?

And that adds what exactly apart from being a touch childish ?
i expect its because the more they involve the more likely it is that news gets leaked ahead of announcements. There again, thats happening anyway

This apparently was all planned 2 weeks ago but was leaked then and then forgotten about and then leaked again. I don’t think anything is kept quiet these days