New job today!

D

Deleted member 21258

Best of luck Nick, hope it works out for you.

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks everyone.

The H4H day is not my work boss stopping but my home boss as it's my sons first day at big school.

Wasn't late, just posted waiting for HR to collect me.

Forum meet I'll do my best to try and secure one!

and as for rattling a tin, that's the best way to fundraise!

D

Deleted member 23270

So let me just clarify........you are fundraising for a bunch of millionaire golfers? :eek:

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
So let me just clarify........you are fundraising for a bunch of millionaire golfers? :eek:

erm no not really DaveR - in fact, you couldnt be more wrong.

I'm working for the European Tour, NOT Wentworth. I'm raising funds to support the European Tour's CSR policy and the players Benevolent Fund. We'll be raising charitable funds to enable us to work and support local charities and schools in the UK as well as several in Europe and Internationally. We will also work with the players own foundations in their home countries - think McIlroy and the Irish Open for example.

We'll try and do as much as we can to promote the game in the younger generation, especially those children from deprived areas. We'll be looking at programmes that connect golf and the national curriculum as well - maths, physics, science etc - and this is hopefully where the manufacturers can join forces with us. Callaway bringing children into the factory to understand about MOI, the laws of physics for example.

We'll also work with the European Ryder Cup players and Captain to ensure any voluntary funds raised go to support worthwhile causes both here, in France for 2018, and a charity elected by the Captain.

We are also thinking about scholarship programmes and supporting up and coming young golfers in the early part of their career. But early days on that.

As for the Benevolent Fund, if you dont know what this is, imagine a professional golfer or their caddie is killed or faces a serious illness, which might leave the family to fend for themselves. we can step in and offer various forms of support, advice and information.

Hope that clarifys it for you.:D