New job at the Golf Club Managers' Association

mikepops

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thought it might be of interest to some folk on here that on Monday I'm starting a new job, as Digital Communications Manager at the Golf Club Managers' Association.

The GCMA is a support organisation for club managers/secretaries, and it plays an important role in the development of managers, clubs and the game itself at club level.

Whilst times have obviously never been tougher for clubs, it should mean that its a really interesting time to join the organisation, as they look to help guide clubs to surer footings.

Whilst I'm not a prolific poster on here, I've visited the forum pretty much daily for years, and have been involved in a couple of GM days. I always enjoy the debates on here, and I'll be taking an extra interest now, and may well be pinching some of the ideas that get thrown around!

I'll be working with various other organisations in the industry, and travelling around golf clubs quite a lot, so hopefully I'll cross paths with a few more forumers...

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
sounds a good and interesting job. Good luck:thup:

I havent come across them before, is this just in England? is there a Scottish equivalent

mikepops

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Covers all of the UK - broken down into 16 different regions.

They have close links with equivalent organisations abroad too...I hadn't heard of them either, but they seem well thought of and do a very important role. Will be interesting to see things from the other side, although I'm going to become a mighty bore when I start explaining things whenever someone grumbles about something at the golf club!