new iron suggestions

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
hi gang, i am playing off 13 at the moment and using mizzie mx25 irons. I am fancying something new, any recommendations welcome. I have had mizzy since I started again after a 20 yr layoff.I have used mp60's and although good they were too good for my level of golf i felt. I should be back down to 10 at the end of this season and am a competent if not flashy ball striker.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
hi gang, i am playing off 13 at the moment and using mizzie mx25 irons. I am fancying something new, any recommendations welcome. I have had mizzy since I started again after a 20 yr layoff.I have used mp60's and although good they were too good for my level of golf i felt. I should be back down to 10 at the end of this season and am a competent if not flashy ball striker.

Mp52's you can get a great deal at the moment. Friend of mine just got a new set for just over £300 (3-PW) If you are flush at the moment then 53 or 58's get good reviews. but you are looking at over £500.

I bought my 52's when i was off 13, so they are perfect for your handicap ;)

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Titleist MB's!!

These might be a bit too advanced for 13. Might.

If i were i'd be looking towards the AP2, or 710 CB's.

Depends, I got mine when I was off 14 last summer now down to 10ish. In all seriousness go and try different brands and clubs you might pick one set up and like them and realistically its the shaft that makes the difference

T

thecraw

Ping, Ping or Ping!

No point in considering anything inferior!

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have friends that use the g15's eughhhhhh, the sole is like a shovel,sorry but I couldn't have them in the bag.Good luck to anyone who has though.

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm a big fan of forged cavities and have a few demo ones I like to hit. MP57 is a great club and easier to hit than my current MP30s. Lots of fans on this forum and rightly so. Callaway X Forged also nice but looks a bit chunky.

Had a few hits yesterday with a Wilson FG Tour - very nice club and (contrary to the Mizuno advetising) it did feel like my Mizunos. I think there may be a few bargains around as it's a couple of years old now.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mmm, 20 year layoff. You could therefore be quite old, in which case Pings should be considered. If you are a member of Saga, you get an extra discount.

If you are not yet totally decrepit, then Mizuno JPX800 (Pro) might be worth a look. They are basically the modern version of the MX25 with extra pixie dust sprinkled on them.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mmm, 20 year layoff. You could therefore be quite old, in which case Pings should be considered. If you are a member of Saga, you get an extra discount.

If you are not yet totally decrepit, then Mizuno JPX800 (Pro) might be worth a look. They are basically the modern version of the MX25 with extra pixie dust sprinkled on them.
Ethan I'm 48 at least ten years off needing pings, thank god, although my local golf store has them on special offer that includes 2 pair of incontinence pants and being able to use the 3 and 4 iron as walking sticks is a bit of a deal clincher it has to be said.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Have a real good look round an try before you buy. Not sure everyone has released their full 2011 range (the new forged TM irons including a cavity back) are imminent. The JPX800 pro are really good clubs as are the G and I15 but it is horses for courses. You might get a bargain on some of the 2010 models as well which is worth bearing in mind

A

Alex1975

I am going to be really original and say JPX 800 pro or MP 53. It is getting to the point now though were the bulk of us in there “what irons” posts that are for non beginners are saying just three things, Mizuno, Titleist or Ping.