New Hybrid : G20 -> G410...

Mattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi All

I've had my G20 4 Hybrid (23 deg) for about 10 years - it's ugly as hell and the offset is huge - not a pretty sight at address.

I used it alot for the few years I was playing 2010-2015 and it used to go straight but it also used to hook pretty badly whenever it wanted :(
I love the look of the G410 and the flat lie adjustability sounds like it could be fun to play about with?

I'm just not confident with the G20 - is it time to ditch it for something a bit more consitent like the G410 or the Cobra?

Thanks
Mattie

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Silly quote but would a lesson be a cheaper fix?
How is a lesson going to fix what his club looks like at address? :rolleyes:

I have a G20 hybrid but I don't like it anywhere near as much as the G25 hybrids I have. I found it too high and spinny, and it fades a lot more (funny since you said you hook yours, haha). I think they made the design a lot better from the G25 onwards. I've taken my G20 out of the bag for some Benross thing at the moment.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
How is a lesson going to fix what his club looks like at address? :rolleyes:

I have a G20 hybrid but I don't like it anywhere near as much as the G25 hybrids I have. I found it too high and spinny, and it fades a lot more (funny since you said you hook yours, haha). I think they made the design a lot better from the G25 onwards. I've taken my G20 out of the bag for some Benross thing at the moment.
Because he states it hooks "whenever it wants to". Now I have been as guilty as any one else on changing clubs based solely on aesthetics but it its hooking that is a swing fault and nothing to do how it looks at address.

Zig

Visit site
I've just changed my Ping G25 hybrid and G fairway for Callaway Rogues.

The impact: my mates are calling them 'cheaty sticks' as they seem ridiculously easy to hit. They seem to 'middle' much more easily, and the flight (admittedly, probably a shaft thing) is awesome.

Can't comment on the view at address - each to their own their I suppose. What I will say is, even if they looked like shovels, they'd be staying in my bag for the results they produce! :)

Mattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Silly quote but would a lesson be a cheaper fix?

Afer reading some "old" reviews of the G20 it's not the best club and it does tend to hook, alot of those ear/old hybrids apparently do.

Rather go with some new "shiny" tech :)
Because he states it hooks "whenever it wants to". Now I have been as guilty as any one else on changing clubs based solely on aesthetics but it its hooking that is a swing fault and nothing to do how it looks at address.

I'm pretty sure they have a draw bias to combat most people's natural slice. I think this is why the G410 has a flat lie adjustment to combat this.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not necessarily. If a club really doesn't suit your eye you might be aligning it incorrectly with the face closed/open. Having used a G20 hybrid myself I totally get what he means about the looks of it, because I started thinking it didn't suit my eye either. G25 was a big improvement I think.