New grip change works, but driver feels weird ?

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have changed my grip to a more neutral position and my pull hooks have improved in face i am hitting straight or slight draw so path seems good to

Problem is the driver feels very odd with the new grip in the backswing, in particular the top

It feels like on the downswing i have left the club face very open, yet if i ignore this odd feeling i hit a straight shot, in fact a very nice long straight shot

Why does this feel odd as if i want to re-grip can anybody explain

Note feels normal with the irons since the grip change but driver feels strange ?

Apart from this i am chuffed to bits that a weaker more neutral grip is working better for me

I must be swinging more like Hogan !!

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
different = odd

there's no concept for how right or wrong feel; it's either normal or different

all of which is why you shouldn't take a whole lot of notice of such feelings whilst implementing a change; otherwise you will associate odd feeling with good, and continue over time to adjust further, and further and further....

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
different = odd

there's no concept for how right or wrong feel; it's either normal or different

all of which is why you shouldn't take a whole lot of notice of such feelings whilst implementing a change; otherwise you will associate odd feeling with good, and continue over time to adjust further, and further and further....

Lightbulb moment - that is exactly what I do yet never realised it before. Thanks Duncan :thup:

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So i guess you are saying as it feels odd it is ok ?

Why did the change not feel odd with the irons only the driver ?