New Grip advice

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It’s reaching time to change my grips (Milton solution worked for a while) and have been looking at the GP Multi compounds.

Driver is needing done along with the irons and have never liked the Wilson grips on 3 wood/hybrids so decided to change the whole lot.

Price quotes for the GP Multi compounds is £80 pounds upwards before fitting (Would probably do it myself anyway as I have done it before)

Seen similar cheaper grips from Funkd (a bit too loud for me!!) and Sharpro and have heard various reports on the Sharpro from “they are the same as the GP ones but GP are dearer as they pay Sharpro to use their patents” to the” Sharpro are crap and only last a few rounds”

Leaning towards the Sharpro’s but concerned as they are far cheaper As the good lady said last night if she had a choice of similar handbags would she go for the cheap one. :mad: :mad:

So has anyone out there used the Sharpro’s or Funkd before I make mind up?

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've used cheap grips supposedly the same as expensive ones.
I'll not go down that route again.

If you are doing it yourself, it it worth saving a few quid and needing to do it again sooner? I think cheap is mostly false economy i.m.h.o.

Gamola do a 14 grip special (putter included) with tape and solvent for £50.

DCB

Visit site
Stuart,

Put a set of the Sharpro multicompound cord ones on a set of irons late last summer. Had no problems with them whatsoever. Given the difference in price between them and Golf Pride grips, there is obviously a difference in quality. I did end up with an extra layer of tape to keep the grip feeling the same. However, I've not had any problems with them and if they last through to next year then that will be fine by me, given the amount of golf I play they'd be due for a regrip after two years anyway.

Just regripped an old set with Golf Pride Cord Tour Wrap grips and they were really good value at Gamola.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
You could have a look at the lamkin ones mate, I have just regripped mine, have the ndur on my irons and put the crossline on my wedges, woods and hybrid, the crossline are excellent grips and great value, the ndur are very good, and are 6 quid each from gamola. The multi compounds are good, but why do you want them, is it because you have a very quick swing or just fashion, or is it because you like the feel?

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
StuartD...I got a set of Funk'd grips and had the pro fit them.Love them!Sure they're colourful,but heyho they do the job and feel good in the hand.
Cant remember how much they cost,I'm sure TheCraw got them before me and recco'd them!
That reminds me he and Shark Attack are meant to come to my place for a game.
Suppose I better try to get in touch with the guys!!!
Jimbo :D ;)

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You could have a look at the lamkin ones mate, I have just regripped mine, have the ndur on my irons and put the crossline on my wedges, woods and hybrid, the crossline are excellent grips and great value, the ndur are very good, and are 6 quid each from gamola. The multi compounds are good, but why do you want them, is it because you have a very quick swing or just fashion, or is it because you like the feel?

Tried a demo driver recently with a multi compound grip. It was the only thing i liked about the club!!! I don't wear a glove and found the multi compound grip much better in the heat with my sweaty palms. It is certainly not a fashion statement as i would prefer the grip to be all black tbh. i am not a great fan of the Crosslines as i find they get very greasy in the heat. Had not seen the ndur grips before. Might try one of these first before making my mind up