NEW DRIVER..

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Whilst I'm sceptical of the claim of "easily 300yds" my question would be why do you want to change to hit a draw?? What benefits do you or your pro think that will give??

I can understand it if you want to be able to hit the ball both ways but, with respect, I'd suggest that reducing your handicap from 8 is not down to you only hitting a fade??

Mike_j_golf

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi,
Why not get the loan of a superquad and mess around with the weights or even buy a second hand one if you know what shaft you want they are a really good club and i have one for sale if anyone is interested.
Mike

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
If your off 8 then maybe take a closer look at where your
losing shots, is it REALLY because your not long enough off the tee? if you can hit 300 with a callaway club then length probably isn't an issue with your current driver.

I'm not qualified enough to tell you the difference between an 8 handicaper player and say a 4 handicapper (dont say 4 shots haha) but im thinking it is probably GIR or shortgame saves. So maybe your money is better spent in this area ?

Have a look at your stats teh next few rounds and see. Let us know how you get on.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would buy a laser range finder and check the yardage markers at your range!
Golf ranges are notorious for exagerating yardages and most range balls are designed to "Fall Off" after 250 yards.
Trust me, I know. ;)

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No offence, but I find it hard to beleive you're hitting it 300yds at the moment.

I was at Titleist a while back for the GM Custom Driver fitting, and one of the chaps with us was a scratch golfer, who WAS getting 280yds carry off the tee, with a ProV, and out of the bays.
With roll, he COULD be getting up to 320/330yds off the tee in the summer, but he's a scratch golfer, and quite frankly, was hitting the ball a country mile.

The 'only' way to cure your 'slight fade' would be to go for a Custom Fitting session at Ping/Titleist or somewhere similar, NOT AG, or go and buy/try/demo lots of Clubs for something with a shaft that may help slightly.

If you really are off 8, and hitting it 300yds with a slight fade, quite why the hell you'd worry is beyond me, and possibly most of us mere mortals on here.
:D