New driver - advice welcomed for a new member!

Which new driver should I buy?

• TaylorMade M3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TaylorMade M4

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Callaway Rogue

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Callaway Rogue Sub-zero

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Cobra F8

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Cobra F8+

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

cvieri32

Hacker
Visit site
Hi All,

Thought I would give an update following my fitting at the weekend. Probably worth mentioning that my swing was inconsistent at best (not helped by a virus and being up half the night before), although hit enough shots to have a decent sample of data.

The Callaway Rogue SZ was ditched after less than 10 shots as I just could hit it, aside from 1 drive which was my best of the day. I found the shiny black head distracting and at address, the face just not that inviting to hit. The Ping G400 LST was ok, although I wasn't getting the distance or dispersion of others...

It has now boiled down to the TaylorMade M3 9.5 and Cobra F8+, both of which I was generating a swing speed of 105-110mph, plenty of spin and a total distance with freezing cold range balls on a good shot of around 270 yards.

I'm leaning towards the TaylorMade M3, however, I particularly like the Project X HZRDUS Yellow 75g shaft in stiff, that was in the F8+. It appears for all the custom shaft options in the M3, that is the one they don't have available. There is the option of a HZRDUS Yellow 65g or HZRDUS Black 75g though. I prefer the heavier 75g shaft, but, I'm conscious that the Black is renowned for being stout etc.

Any advice on a way forward in terms of shaft choice in the M3 would be great in light of the above!

Thanks