New courses this year?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21258

Already done or booked up for the following (thanks to the people from this forum) :-

Royal St Georges (forum)
Sunningdale (forum)
New Zealand (forum)
Wolburn - Dukes (family)
Little Aston(forum)
Shifnal(forum)
Toot Hill (client day)
Oswestry (sons club)

Hoping to play some new courses in the lake district near Merlewood during holidays.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Foxhills
Southern Dunes
Celebration
Legends at Orange Lake

Plus a return trip to RCD in June (no doubt my years highlight)

Never played Foxhills so will be interested as to how you get on there.
Celebration is decent, should be in good nick late May
Southern Dunes is one of the best in the area, you'll enjoy that, one of the few I always revisit every year in Florida.
Legends at Orange Lake was in poor condition when I last played it back one September but hopefully recovered now, it's a nice layout.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Never played Foxhills so will be interested as to how you get on there.
Celebration is decent, should be in good nick late May
Southern Dunes is one of the best in the area, you'll enjoy that, one of the few I always revisit every year in Florida.
Legends at Orange Lake was in poor condition when I last played it back one September but hopefully recovered now, it's a nice layout.

Both courses at foxhills are great. I prefer the Bernard hunt over the longcross.

hopefully going back again this as my client (londons air ambulance) have their charity golf day there

D

Deleted member 1147

We're off to the Algarve in late May and are looking to play somewhere new.
The thinking was to go a little further west than before and look at Penina/Boavista/Palmares/Morgado area - any suggestions or recommendations?
We've done the Faldo & O'Connor and the Pestana courses (Gramacho, Alto, Pinta etc)

S

Snelly

So far, just Royal St Georges for me and it was sublime.

A new one planned in and paid for - Croham Hurst.

Still to be arranged but provisionally planned: Tankersley, Alwoodley, Ganton, Ilkley, Sand Moor and Huddersfield.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Going to Marbella next friday with 2 mates and staying at Atalaya Golf hotel and playing the new and old course at the hotel plus La Quinta.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
So far, just Royal St Georges for me and it was sublime.

A new one planned in and paid for - Croham Hurst.

Still to be arranged but provisionally planned: Tankersley, Alwoodley, Ganton, Ilkley, Sand Moor and Huddersfield.

croham hurst is a decent track. Played lots of golf there as most of my old cricket team mates are members there.
its got some seriously sloping greens and they are rapid in the summer

D

Deleted Member 1156

Just booked a trip to Ireland to play a few links in October, will probably chuck it down all week but hey ho. Will be playing:

Portmarnock
Portmarnock hotel
The Island
County Louth
The European

Also been in contact with Pat Ruddy who is a legendary Irish course designer and hoping to spend some time with him discussing courses over a pint of the black stuff.

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
Just booked a trip to Ireland to play a few links in October, will probably chuck it down all week but hey ho. Will be playing:

Portmarnock
Portmarnock hotel
The Island
County Louth
The European

Also been in contact with Pat Ruddy who is a legendary Irish course designer and hoping to spend some time with him discussing courses over a pint of the black stuff.

I did the first 4 of those last year. All cracking courses and a real treat.

This year we're doing Wicklow, The European, Royal Dublin and Portmarnock hotel again as we'll be staying there the last two nights.

I'm doing a few new ones up your neck of the woods this year. I played Ferndown a couple of weeks ago in the mixed open. I also have Broadstone and Parkstone lined up later in the mixed opens.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Courses for next weeks trip to Portugal just been booked - Pinheiros Altos, Laranjal, San Lorenzo and Quinta South - all new to me. Can't wait.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site

Portmarnock
Portmarnock hotel
The Island
County Louth
The European

Some cracking courses there, we're Ireland bound again this October playing Lahinch, Conemmara and Galway GC plus 1 more,staying in Galway this year so should be another good trip

D

Deleted member 1147

As I didn't make the ballot for the Justin Rose Mid-Am @ North Hants, but still had the time booked off from work, I decided to give Notts (Hollinwell) a call on Sunday afternoon enquiring about availability on Monday morning.

So at 10.30 I played there for the first time. It was empty, I only saw one other group on the course, and it was stinking hot. So I took my time and enjoyed myself enormously.

Off the whites I shot 82, 10 over par whilst losing 3 balls as a result of not quite knowing how far to cut off doglegs etc. So 3 over standard scratch not too bad.
Whilst I enjoyed it, I don't quite think it's my favourite of the courses in Mansfield, I found Sherwood more to my tastes. Perhaps the heat affected my game a little.
But I will go back and do definitely recommend it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tomorrow afternoon I'm playing Radlett Park for the first time, with some friends. Quite a long one at 72 par, looks challenging.

In August my dad is booking a family stag golf trip for me, we're going to do that at Shendish Manor - next Friday we're having a round there just to see what the course is like before he finalises the booking, so that's another new course for me as well.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Played 2017
Littlestone
Cleveland
Worsley Park (Marriott)

Playing during 2017
St Mellion
Stratford upon Avon
Conwy
Bearwood Lakes
Hankley Common
Swinley Forest

Hope to play 2017
Broadstone
Ferndown
Parkstone
Liphook
S&A
Birkdale

Updated..

Played 2017
Littlestone
Cleveland
Worsley Park (Marriott)
Carden Park
Northampton (Harlestone)
St Mellion (both)
Stratford upon Avon

Playing during 2017
Sunningdale
New Zealand
Conwy
Bearwood Lakes
Hankley Common
Swinley Forest
Liphook

Still hope to play 2017
Broadstone
Ferndown
Parkstone
S&A
Birkdale

D

Deleted Member 1156

Updated..

Played 2017
Littlestone
Cleveland
Worsley Park (Marriott)
Carden Park
Northampton (Harlestone)
St Mellion (both)
Stratford upon Avon

Playing during 2017
Sunningdale
New Zealand
Conwy
Bearwood Lakes
Hankley Common
Swinley Forest
Liphook

Still hope to play 2017
Broadstone
Ferndown

Parkstone
S&A
Birkdale

Talk to some people nicely and you might get on at mates rates ;)