Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A few lined up already:

Ashton and Lea
Clitheroe
Hollins Hall
Alhaurin

and the one I'm most excited about - Heritage Golf club in Bel Ombre Mauritius. Yes please.

I played Alhaurin years ago when I'd just started playing and was on holiday in the area. Hired clubs, played in trainers. Lost a few balls 😀. You'll smile when you play it, think that Seve designed it and contemplate how wild he was off the tee by the age he was when he designed it. He would have lost as many balls as I did 😁. Enjoy it, I still have the pitch repairer.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played Downfield about 7 years ago, and probably when I'd only played about 2-3 of the top 100 courses at the time and really enjoyed it.

A 9 out of 10 course for me then, would probably only be a 6 out of 10 now after playing about 40 of them now, so your ratings can change.

I think I played Ladybank about 3-4 years ago, and my mates who had played it before really built it up for me, as well as most people on here. I just wasnt blown away by it and only about 1-2 holes can I remember. I do remember it as flat-ish though. I cant remember loads from Downfield either, but do remember some elevation changes, nicely shaped holes, and it being quite good

Only played both once and I'd play both again, but not as nailed on as the Hillside/Formby debate.;)

We'll discuss it at Wallasey one night - when are you down next?

Are you doing Birkdale?

I've played Downfield a load of times and its a good course and a test of the back tees , it does get wet but they've spent time and money on the drainage over the past few years to try and sort it out, it does have some good holes but a poor finish from 15 onwards, it closer to my house than where i play at Scotscraig but id never join it as in the winter its not the best.

Ladybank is nice but i don't get the hype it gets over other courses i really don't, opinions eh

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Prestatyn and East Devon already done.

Hillside
Formby
Belton Park
Old Fold Manor
Stover
Shifnal
Coventry
Parkstone
Sandwell
Hollinwell
Weston Turville

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've played Downfield a load of times and its a good course and a test of the back tees , it does get wet but they've spent time and money on the drainage over the past few years to try and sort it out, it does have some good holes but a poor finish from 15 onwards, it closer to my house than where i play at Scotscraig but id never join it as in the winter its not the best.

Ladybank is nice but i don't get the hype it gets over other courses i really don't, opinions eh

Another recruit for the weirdo gang, Val. :D

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Some of you have a few busy months ahead at some special places

Only one planned for me Le Parc, Mont Choisy

Actually its still under construction but due to open later in the year, cant wait

D

Deleted Member 1156

Foxhills
Southern Dunes
Celebration
Legends at Orange Lake

Plus a return trip to RCD in June (no doubt my years highlight)

Celebrations is quite nice, look out for the mahoosive house on the other side of the lake on one of the holes towards the end of the back nine. Must be owned by the king of Florida :eek:

Legends is decent too although not quite as nice, not played Southern Dunes. What time of year are you playing them?

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Celebrations is quite nice, look out for the mahoosive house on the other side of the lake on one of the holes towards the end of the back nine. Must be owned by the king of Florida :eek:

Legends is decent too although not quite as nice, not played Southern Dunes. What time of year are you playing them?

Last week in May, 20 of us from my GC going for a week or so, 6 rounds on 3 courses + a 'rest' day so should be fun. RCD will be my trip of the year tho', going for my b/day in June.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Last week in May, 20 of us from my GC going for a week or so, 6 rounds on 3 courses + a 'rest' day so should be fun. RCD will be my trip of the year tho', going for my b/day in June.

Good time of year to go, any later and the humidity starts to build and you get the big downpours mid afternoon every day :eek:

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good time of year to go, any later and the humidity starts to build and you get the big downpours mid afternoon every day :eek:

Yes, I used to be a member at Saddlebrook (nr Tampa), near 100% humidity during the summer, I can remember some fantastic storms coming in in no time, one moment sun then stairods and lightning it can be very spectacular and often will stop the traffic.