New courses this year?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
No more away days for me this year, so my final list is this..

Wicklow
The European
Broadstone
Ferndown
Parkstone
Foxhills :- Bernard Hunt
Hankley Common
St Austell
Hartley Wintney
Golspie
Boat of Garten

Small list compared to some, but probably the most new courses I've played in a year.

D

Deleted Member 1156

What did you think of the European Neil? I thought some of the holes there are outstanding! The one with the 120 yard green (12th?) pin was right at the front, we went all the way to the back and couldn't reach the hole with a putter!!

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
What did you think of the European Neil? I thought some of the holes there are outstanding! The one with the 120 yard green (12th?) pin was right at the front, we went all the way to the back and couldn't reach the hole with a putter!!

I found it tough, a little bit samey, too many of those railway sleeper bunkers. I'd struggle to call any of the holes "outstanding" but certainly some good holes. Maybe it was just too hard for my standard of golf? Pleased I played it (36 in a day) but probably wouldn't rush back.

The hospitality was first class.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I found it tough, a little bit samey, too many of those railway sleeper bunkers. I'd struggle to call any of the holes "outstanding" but certainly some good holes. Maybe it was just too hard for my standard of golf? Pleased I played it (36 in a day) but probably wouldn't rush back.

The hospitality was first class.

Agree about the hospitality. I particularly liked the 3rd (par 5) 7th 12th 13th and 18th (par 4's) Thought all the par 3's were decent as well. Did you play all 20 holes?

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
Agree about the hospitality. I particularly liked the 3rd (par 5) 7th 12th 13th and 18th (par 4's) Thought all the par 3's were decent as well. Did you play all 20 holes?

We played 19 x 2. From memory it was 7 and 7a can't remember seeing another extra hole..... although I am getting old and the memories not what it used to be :)

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My new courses (mainly local ones in Leicestershire were):
The Leicestershire
Cosby
Scraptoft
Kirby Muxloe
Birstall
Hankley Common