OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Racking a few more up this weekend, The Welcombe 2moro and Kiddiminster Sat

Shirley and Kings Norton last two weekends in there open medals 👍

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Gleneagles Kings course tomorrow which I've been looking forward to for 6 months now. :whoo:

Had a lovely 18 holes at the 9 hole gem of Comrie in Perthshire last week. Great condition, welcoming membership, top-class millionaires shortbread - what more could you ask for.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Updated..

Played 2017

Littlestone
Cleveland
Worsley Park (Marriott)
Carden Park
Northampton (Harlestone)
St Mellion (both)
Stratford upon Avon
Stoke Rochford
Sunningdale (Old & New)
New Zealand
Cuddington
Hanbury Manor
Hankley Common
Ashburnham
Swinley Forest

Still to play during 2017

The Oxfordshire 22/23 Oct
Conwy (TBA)
Bearwood Lakes (TBA)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Just played St Enodoc, Perrenporth, and East Devon. All lovely courses.

St Enodoc has a few holes in the middle not up to the standard of the holes through the dunes.

Perranport was a real surprise. Didn't look much when we drove up, but some stunning holes, and great value for £25. Played it on a perfect sunny day, and the views were stunning.

East Devon was a great mix of holes, with plenty of hills and tough in the wind. Even managed to play it a couple under handicap, and take the money.:thup:

Would definitely return and play all three courses again.

D

Deleted member 17920

Gleneagles Kings course tomorrow which I've been looking forward to for 6 months now. :whoo:

Had a lovely 18 holes at the 9 hole gem of Comrie in Perthshire last week. Great condition, welcoming membership, top-class millionaires shortbread - what more could you ask for.
Well??? :D

Gleneagles update please, was it as good as expected?

big_matt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Got a 3 Ball booked on The Dukes (St Andrews) next Saturday seen as my course is closed at 1pm.

Really looking forward to it. :D

Did you enjoy it? Dukes was my biggest dissapointment of the year. We paid a tenner due to having scottish golf show vouchers and couldn't believe it normally costs close to 100. There had been a bit of rain earlier in the week but fromthe condition of the course youd have thought it was monsoon season (all bunkers filled with water etc).

Much prefer the eden, new, etc.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site

Hi Ian, I loved Comrie when we visited in April. Myself and 3 friends actually stayed at Gleneagles for my friends 40th and they don't really 'play' golf like we forumer's do. They play maybe 2/3 times a year and they therefore wouldn't pay the fee's Gleneagles would charge. We did some salmon and trout fishing and then did both Comrie and Muthill. Comrie was perfect and as you say, thoroughly enjoyable. Muthill was also decent (another 9 holer) but not as nice as Comrie. I'd have gone for the tea and cakes alone.

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well??? :D

Gleneagles update please, was it as good as expected?

Yes Thanks, every bit as good. From arrival to departure the whole experience was first class. We played the Kings course which was in excellent condition and not soggy at all. The greens were very fast which made us look a little foolish at times but they were very true so we have only ourselves to blame. I though the layout and variety of holes was great with some lovely par 4s. A very relaxing and enjoyable place to spend a day. So it sits at the top of the list of parkland courses I've played, that said, I've not sampled any of the top parklands venues south of the border.

Would I go back - in a heartbeat, would I pay full whack - probably not. Go if you get the chance.

D

Deleted member 17920

Yes Thanks, every bit as good. From arrival to departure the whole experience was first class. We played the Kings course which was in excellent condition and not soggy at all. The greens were very fast which made us look a little foolish at times but they were very true so we have only ourselves to blame. I though the layout and variety of holes was great with some lovely par 4s. A very relaxing and enjoyable place to spend a day. So it sits at the top of the list of parkland courses I've played, that said, I've not sampled any of the top parklands venues south of the border.

Would I go back - in a heartbeat, would I pay full whack - probably not. Go if you get the chance.
Think I will have a look at their opens next year.

I wont be paying full price as its taking the pee.

D

Deleted member 17920

Give me a shout if you are - I'd be up for a return visit to the Kings or Queens.

cheers
Ian
No probs at all.

Off course I will be giving you a shout, I will always need a game at NB on the way up and the way down :D

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

good to hear it was dry, I keep getting offers to play with a contact who is a member, but the last time put me off a bit

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
We played 16th of September and it was fine - not sure what it would be like now - must be terrible to get pestered by offers like that :)

We have had a lot of Rain up here the last couple of months all the courses have gone from Rock hard to very soft.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

I've played the Kings twice and from experience it never gets "saturated" I believe it drains very well as does the Queens which I have never had the pleasure of playing. The lower lying PGA does tend to hold water however they added the subair system to the greens to keep them playable all year round.

The Kings is fabulous, a brilliant experience and amazing golf course which isn't overly tough and very very enjoyable.