New courses this year?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've played the Kings twice and from experience it never gets "saturated" I believe it drains very well as does the Queens which I have never had the pleasure of playing. The lower lying PGA does tend to hold water however they added the subair system to the greens to keep them playable all year round.

The Kings is fabulous, a brilliant experience and amazing golf course which isn't overly tough and very very enjoyable.

Played it the day before the Scottish PGA OOM final last year and it was most def soaked in places so much so they had moved the pins to the high points on all the greens

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The Queens is a gem, a bit short which makes it very enjoyable. The Kings can be a brute, a tough course requiring every club and shot in the bag but massively enjoyable.

The PGA, just a slog. It has some really nice holes but without a buggy it's a slog.

Given a choice and depending on what company I had my choice would be

Queens
Kings
PGA

But I believe of the 3 the Kings is the best course there.

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The Queens is a gem, a bit short which makes it very enjoyable. The Kings can be a brute, a tough course requiring every club and shot in the bag but massively enjoyable.

The PGA, just a slog. It has some really nice holes but without a buggy it's a slog.

Given a choice and depending on what company I had my choice would be

Queens
Kings
PGA

But I believe of the 3 the Kings is the best course there.

Hopefully playing all three end of March 2018.
30th and 31st Kings and Queens and then the PGA on the 1st of April as that is when it re opens after the winter closure
H

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Well it must be 6 months or more since I posted I'd only get one new course this year (and it literally is a new course) so I had to dig out this thread because it just opened to members/vips at the weekend and will open to the public on Wednesday & the early feedback is that its stunning

I've got a tee-time Wednesday so less that 48 hours to go, can't wait....

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Well that went well!

Played the brand new Le Parc course yesterday with a gentle 4 club wind that I didn't manage very well resulting in a very poor score but the course itself was excellent
It was in great condition and a huge variety of hole designs so even on a calm day there's nothing 'samey' about these holes

Already looking forward to next game there...

D

Deleted member 17920

Next weeks trip

Slightly excited :D

Portstewart
Royal County Down

Royal Portrush
Ballyliffin Glashedy & Old
Scrabo

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hopefully playing all three end of March 2018.
30th and 31st Kings and Queens and then the PGA on the 1st of April as that is when it re opens after the winter closure
H

I played the Kings Course last Winter. We didn't get very lucky with the weather but it was still a brilliant and beautiful golf course. Highly recommended. I would love to return to Gleneagles and play it again on a beautiful Summer day.

D

Deleted member 21258

New courses I have played this year :-

Royal St Georges
Sunningdale New
Sunningdale Old
New Zealand
Wolburn - Dukes
Little Aston
Shifnal
Kendal
Grange over Sands
Toot Hill
Beau Desert
Sandiway
Conwy
Delamere Forest
Hankley Common
Fairhaven

Been a great year and probably the most rounds of golf I have played in any one year. Cant complain on any level, been very lucky.

Gleneagles is an amazing setting, remember staying on the 'estate' for a weeks holiday during summer, was not allowed to play golf but in the evening Me/Wife would go for walks around the courses and some of the holes looked nice, but the clubhouse setting with a guy playing the bagpipes outside sometimes and red squirrels running around the estate, is just beautiful. Would love to go there and play golf one day.;)

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
A good year for me, both in the number and the quality.
I also passed the 100 courses played mark.

Royal Porthcawl
Aberdovey
South Staffordshire
Royal Liverpool
Harborne
Luffenham Heath
Harpenden
Cavendish
Longcliffe
Clitheroe
Sunningdale Old
Sunningdale New
New Zealand
John O'Gaunt
Trentham
Maxstoke Park
Aston Wood
Hankley Common
Stourbridge
Edgbaston

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17920

My first club. Nice course with a tough first four holes, and a really hard last one. If the honours boards go back to the 1870's you might see my name.:whistle:

Corrected that for you Rich.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I've finished all my little jollies for this year so my list stands at 13 new courses this year

Cuddington (thanks BiM)
Calcot Park (thanks JohnnyDee)
Orchardleigh
The Dyke
Burhill
The European
The Island
County Louth
Portmarnock
Portmarnock links
Alwoodley
Moortown