New balls

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Let nature take its course. I can't keep a ball for more than 2 rounds usually without losing it so it doesn't become a problem. Unless you are using the real cheap balls then changingit every few holes is surely going to become mega expensive very quickly isn't is a you'll be going through nearly half a dozen per round. I tend to just play the same ball all round unless it becomes really badly scuffed

Last edited:

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I use NXT Tours. Some do look bald I guess would be the best way to describe them, sort of smooth. I wondered if this would effect the flight of the ball? If it has a scuff on I usually keep going with it until it turns into a cut then relagate it to the practice bag.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I tend to use for one round then it becomes a provisional unless it's in really good nick. The problem is when they scuff they hold mud/sand in the scuff and this can mark club faces especially those with a black coating. I'd rather junk a tatty ball than mark my bats.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I tend to use for one round then it becomes a provisional unless it's in really good nick. The problem is when they scuff they hold mud/sand in the scuff and this can mark club faces especially those with a black coating. I'd rather junk a tatty ball than mark my bats.

Don't worry OS it'll hardly matter given that the sweet spot will still be pristine when you sell them!

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I usually keep a ball until i lose it (couple of holes :D ) or until its got a bad tree mark on it (lots of trees at our course).