New bag dilemma

Golf_Mad

Visit site
Currently in the market for a new good bag.

Currently have a powakaddy bag for my trolley. I’ve had the bag for over 10 years and it’s in good nick.

I promised myself that I would get a new bag once my handicap went below 10 - it has 9.7 now.

Really want a tour bag - whats the difference between 10.5 and the 9.5? Is there more pockets etc or is it just the opening for the clubs?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Anything bigger than the Titleist "mid-size" Tour bag is too big and you'll eventually get fed up with the size of it. (think that's 9.5) depending on what sort of car you have and what trips you do! That's what I use on a Powakaddy and it's great for that!! It's not a fat at the bottom half too...

Golf_Mad

Visit site
Anything bigger than the Titleist "mid-size" Tour bag is too big and you'll eventually get fed up with the size of it. (think that's 9.5) depending on what sort of car you have and what trips you do! That's what I use on a Powakaddy and it's great for that!! It's not a fat at the bottom half too...

Thanks for the info.

Do they contain the same amount of pockets as a full size?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The SM h2no Elite bag is damned good I find. The large pocket (thats on the rear as mine sits) that has access from both sides is a very neat idea, and ideal for waterproofs.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Currently in the market for a new good bag.

Currently have a powakaddy bag for my trolley. I’ve had the bag for over 10 years and it’s in good nick.

I promised myself that I would get a new bag once my handicap went below 10 - it has 9.7 now.

Really want a tour bag - whats the difference between 10.5 and the 9.5? Is there more pockets etc or is it just the opening for the clubs?
Check out the titleist premium cart bag. It’s basically a tour bag for a cart.

Golf_Mad

Visit site
Thanks for your input.

Kind of want a tour bag as its something Ive always wanted. Thanks for the info though guys.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The problem with most massive tour bags is they aren't designed to sit on trolleys. That means whichever way you put it on you'll compromise access to some of the pockets as I know from my previous TM and Wilson tour bags. Titleist and others do tour designs that aren't out and out tour bags specifically designed to sit on the trolley so you can get into the side pockets etc. Plenty of good designs out there so happy shopping.