New 9 hole short course Nottingham

The GreenKeeper

Visit site
Proud to announce a new short 9 hole course open in Nottingham. Set in country side 9 miles north of the city centre on the A614. This course is short at 1650 yards making it idea to learn, down size or just there for a quick round. But don't be fooled, the narrow fairways and bunkers make it a very challenging course.
Members only, but you could win a free years membership this weekend in our prize draw. Come along to our open weekend this weekend 2nd/3rd March 2019 and play a complimentary round on us.
For more info visit
https://www.facebook.com/Haywoodoaksgolf/

Last edited:

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
Lots of local competition though, not far from Ramsdale/Oakmere/Springwater, even Coxmoor at a pinch. But is that good or a bad thing?

I wouldn't mind giving it a go, but if it's members only then not sure I'll be able to as I'm playing on both of your opens days.

All the best anyway!

The GreenKeeper

Visit site
I will agree we are located around other quality courses. We're hoping This will give more opportunity to local players to play different courses more often without the extra travel, and accomodate those not ready or unable to play larger courses. By no means is it competition. We are not yet at the same standards of the local course.
I'd also like people to know this is very new and unestablished. This course will take time to mature and we would appreciate the support of local golfers.

George

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
ive been to ramsdale a few times, hopefully this short course can distinguish itself from their par 3. Would be interesting to know why its members only, doesnt tally for me with people learning the game

The GreenKeeper

Visit site
ive been to ramsdale a few times, hopefully this short course can distinguish itself from their par 3. Would be interesting to know why its members only, doesnt tally for me with people learning the game
The course is located at a clay shooting ground. The owners are just being cautious by members only as to keep a record who is playing. I hope this answered your question.

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site

I agree, I love the Par 3 course at Ramsdale, but I think it's too expensive for non members (£14).
So an alternative would be nice, but as a member of an existing club I'm not willing to fork out £300 to play a 9 hole course now and again.

Robin Hood

Visit site
Best of luck with your new venture.
I can't make this weekend but would love to try you sometime.
Will you not accept visitors - even with a Nottinghamshire County Card and/or proven membership of a Nottingham club.
I think the best par 3 course in the midlands is Broughton Heath, near Derby.

The GreenKeeper

Visit site
Afternoon. I'm not in work today and can't answer your question right now. I have left a message with them to let me know so I can't forward on the information to you .
And I agree, Broughton Heath is stunning, but very well established

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
I live just down the road and occasionally shoot on the adjacent clay grounds although golf more these days.

Must say it is looking rather well considering it doesn't seem like yesterday that the spade hit ground. Will be sure to mention it and pass word around. Not for me unfortunately as I'm a member at Ramsdale down the road and just joined another course in Derbyshire as i'm moving out of the local area away from all the lovely golf courses the area has to offer.

Last edited:

user104

Visit site
Looks very nice, i like 9 holes courses might drop in one day to have a look im not far from there ,i heard today that the 18 hole course and driving range down the road in Mansfield is closed
Not sure if its true :(

The GreenKeeper

Visit site
Looks very nice, i like 9 holes courses might drop in one day to have a look im not far from there ,i heard today that the 18 hole course and driving range down the road in Mansfield is closed
Not sure if its true :(
It'll be great to see you👍🏻🏌🏻‍♂️ ° ⛳