Nevada bobs Belfast

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
My visit today!!
I called Nov 3rd to make sure that the Mizuno optifit was available and working as I am currently looking to purchase new irons. I was informed that is was, and i explained that I would make the trip the following day, which I did.

Upon arrival at the shop I was greeted by a chap, who asked if he could help, I explained the situation, and that I was very interested in the Mizuno mp63/53 and the optifit shaft system. I gave my current 6 iron, which I had previously been asked to bring, and was then asked for my handicap details, of which I replied 10. The chap then took me to the area where the fit would take place. Then proceeded to tell me that as I play off 10, the mp 63 would be too difficult for me to hit, and also the mp53 would maybe be tough also, I currently use tm tour preffered, and have no issues with them, so I was a little unhappy as the chap had not even seen me strike the ball as yet. He also suggested I should look at a flatter option than standard, as I am only 5'8. My current clubs were fitted and 2 deg up!

I also expressed a like of the ping s56, and was again told that they would be too difficult to hit, and as yet I still have not hit a ball. He then started to talk about the jx800,which is a club I have no interest in at all.

Eventually I hit a few shots, he gets me set up with tape and the board, then realises that I actually need 1 deg up which suprises him, ofcourse it wouldnt if he had done this first before making assumptions.

After maybe 5-10 mins of him guessing at shaft I may like, I had mentioned the kbs tour, but he directed me to ns pro, then to a lite version of the dynamic gold, so I asked about opti fit thing, and he went away for 5 mins, upon return he then told me he didnt know how to use it, as no training had been given, and nobody else knew either, so imagine how unhappy I was, after calling the day before to make sure it was an option, then after driving 30 miles to be told actually its not an option and can you come back in a few weeks!!

I was very unhappy with the service, and my visit in general, I will not be back to any Nevada bob store, after a 60 odd mile round trip I feel it was a complete waste, I had previously been To Andrew Morris, they did not make assumptions, they took note of what I said, worked with it, watched me hit balls, then gave advice, it is there that I will be spending my £600.

I was really annoyed that they couldnt just have told me yesterday they didnt know what they were doing, and could I call up in a few weeks after training, I could have understood that.

Sorry about the rant, just annoyed!!

JT

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
JT I feel for you that is woeful. There stores are hit and miss and it depends on who you get. Head office is the way to go. You could also cut and paste most of your post from here so it wouldn't be much extra effort ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I still think head office need to know the level of service their franchise offers. If they are shoddy as they clearly were then ultimately it will affect the reputation of the NB brand.

I don't know what the C/F scene in your area is like and how far you'd have to travel but aren't there any club pros that a Mizzy registered fitters?

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think City of Derry have it, Andrew Morris is a pro, he has a shop which i think i will go to in the future, I had a revelation today though, and have decided to hang on to my own irons for a bit. who knows, maybe the service worked in my favour after all:)

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
contact mizuno as well, as im sure they would be very interested that someone has there fitting machine but not able to use it.
or if you join the mizzy forum you may be able to contact a mizzy person direct.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think City of Derry have it, Andrew Morris is a pro, he has a shop which i think i will go to in the future, I had a revelation today though, and have decided to hang on to my own irons for a bit. who knows, maybe the service worked in my favour after all:)

When Did HE turn PRO?
He used to work in Nevada Bob's before opening his own shop.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
My brother (chiefchief)knows one of the guys in NB Belfast very well, I'll mention this to him and he can have a read, might be able to get more background on this for you.