Nett prizes

D-S

Visit site
A friend and I won our club’s 4BB Open about 12 years ago (both of us off 5, those were the days) and we won a driver each plus £260 each from the sweep -I remember driving home thinking that the prizes were too much and were too much of a temptation for some to manipulate their handicap - a rare forecast of mine that has unfortunately come true.

D

Deleted member 15344

Reckon either a paid Ecco shoes or a pair of waterproofs - seen a few bags being given out in prizes , these are mainly for either Capts or Presidents Day

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
We have about four £500 or so first prize competitions each year. Effectively proshop credit. Hold a cup for the year and a symbolic medal or engraved glass the more symbolic temporary and to-keep prizes that go with it. Won a set of Galvin Green waterproof a few years ago my only dip in that level of win.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We have a golf shop attached to our driving range.

Each year they put on a 2 day open over a weekend.

Top 6 from both days qualify for the final on the following Wednesday.

Top prize is a set of irons.
2nd leccy trolly
3rd tour bag

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I think £75 or so is the biggest I've seen at an Open...but then again I dont play many so am not exposed to the world of sandbagging as much as the rest of you seem to be.

At our club the Handicap Club Champion usually gets around £50...thats about the biggest "monetary or equivalent" prize we give. The Winner of our Turkey Trot will usually get a turkey that is too big to fit in most reasonable ovens and a hamper that has been made up to a value of around £75.