NCG Top 100 Tour

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Keep getting emails about the events.

Anyone been along to any of them. Obviously great courses being in the Top 100, not cheap, but not overly expensive either.

What is the environment like

D

Deleted member 23270

Considered this myself. Overall I think they are decent value and I really like how they have events at courses close together on adjacent days making mini trips possible.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Considered this myself. Overall I think they are decent value and I really like how they have events at courses close together on adjacent days making mini trips possible.

exactly my thought process, can have a mini holiday, play 2-3 very good courses back to back without having to do any of the organising

JT.

Visit site
I’ve played a few and can vouch for them being excellent.

Good value for money and you get fed twice too - what’s not to love? ?

Loads better than Mizuno Pairs (have played a few of them too)

BDC

Visit site
Tonnes of bandits and high handicappers sweeping the prizes. The organisers seem oblivious to it or turn the cheek as they are going after the mass golf tourist mark. Last years final summed it up. Its well run but if you want a fair golfing environment then id avoid.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
The one last year (or this, I can't remember?) at North Forleland was won with 35 points, so I didn't feel was bandit territory. It was a well-run day and good fun.
I have always found the Mizuno pairs to be a much higher risk of bandit handicaps.

BDC

Visit site
Indeed, it is just as disheartening on Mizanu Pairs tour too. I must concur that fortune seemed to favour your at NF as last year we played at Aberdovey and we witnessed an individual who effortlessly attained an astounding 45 points. One can't help but ponder if this prodigious feat was accomplished by an iGolfer, further reinforcing the prevailing sentiment.

However, it is crucial to recognize that these instances merely serve as a microcosm of the broader issue at hand. They shed light on the modern-day phenomenon of individuals exploiting the economic pressures of our time, utilizing dubious means to circumvent fair play. Regardless of the circumstances, a cheat will invariably find a path to deception, impervious to the honourable principles that govern the game.

Grizzly

Visit site
The one last year (or this, I can't remember?) at North Forleland was won with 35 points, so I didn't feel was bandit territory. It was a well-run day and good fun.
I have always found the Mizuno pairs to be a much higher risk of bandit handicaps.

Aye. I've played a few, obviously including that day, and I've never felt it was a sombrero fest - and I Golf handicaps play a separate competition. One I played in was won with 40pts but the lad was off something like 8 so fair play to him.

BDC

Visit site
One can accept when they are off single digits, but when you are hearing "four for four" regularly from a 18+ HCI you know some one is deceiving. We did play one recently with 28 handicappers who went par par par par par for opening 5 holes. They did fall away but we were seriously worried for a while.
I would just like to see the organisers crack down on this, but it appears they are just wanting to sell more tee bookings so dont want the hassle.

JT.

Visit site
Aye. I've played a few, obviously including that day, and I've never felt it was a sombrero fest - and I Golf handicaps play a separate competition. One I played in was won with 40pts but the lad was off something like 8 so fair play to him.
Echo this - 3 or 4 years ago whilst I was ‘between clubs’ I played in one at Sherwood Forest, and won the ‘non qualifying handicap’ comp with 33 points. I’ve played in plenty that have been won with sub 40 points.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I really enjoyed the north foreland day and wasn’t bothered about winning as we had a great 4ball and it was amazing value

I might try and play a few more